littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: baby food from the USA, are you using it, thinking - import - is better then local?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,159
    Thanked: 4394

    baby food from the USA, are you using it, thinking - import - is better then local?

    https://nypost.com/2019/10/17/95-per...metals-report/
    while i never have seen any here in the shelves, i wonder is it very difficult to boil a carrot, peel an apple or make some fresh vegetables?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,888
    Thanked: 3690
    We don't feed our kid baby food from a jar, my wife cooks everything fresh and blends it. Apples in the morning and broccoli, spinach, carrots, potatoes, with chicken, turkey, pork or beef for lunch & dinner. She doesn't get any sugar, only honey to sweeten things up.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (21-10-2019)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,159
    Thanked: 4394
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    We don't feed our kid baby food from a jar, my wife cooks everything fresh and blends it. Apples in the morning and broccoli, spinach, carrots, potatoes, with chicken, turkey, pork or beef for lunch & dinner. She doesn't get any sugar, only honey to sweeten things up.
    i do applaud your wife indeed. but maybe think of something. sugar is fructose and saccarose. these two - ingredients - are everywhere. does not matter if it is honey, sugar, cornsirup, maltose, decstrose or whichever name the stuff is being given. ONE thing though for sure is different.when it is real honey you also have vitamins and many other, whatever it is being called, good things. as long as the beekeeper is not cheating on the honey or feeding the bees sugar water. i personally think, that little sugar that is being used in food, or should be used, it is negligible if it is sugar, honey or sirup.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (21-10-2019)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,159
    Thanked: 4394
    https://news.rin.ru/eng/news/14670/

    just got this in my mail. it is a dated article. and Gerber said they will adhere to Russian standards. they have the gunk back again. https://www.perekrestok.ru/catalog/search?text=gerber. check out the - strichcode - to find out if it is made in Russia or imported.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,888
    Thanked: 3690
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i do applaud your wife indeed. but maybe think of something. sugar is fructose and saccarose. these two - ingredients - are everywhere. does not matter if it is honey, sugar, cornsirup, maltose, decstrose or whichever name the stuff is being given. ONE thing though for sure is different.when it is real honey you also have vitamins and many other, whatever it is being called, good things. as long as the beekeeper is not cheating on the honey or feeding the bees sugar water. i personally think, that little sugar that is being used in food, or should be used, it is negligible if it is sugar, honey or sirup.


    We get the honey from a friend who's family keeps bees. It's all natural.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,159
    Thanked: 4394
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    We get the honey from a friend who's family keeps bees. It's all natural.
    Wally obvious natural honey is better then REFINED sugar.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •