Thread: Posting from UK to Russia

Posting from UK to Russia

Hello

I want to post something from the UK to Russia

The address I have is

Russia, Leningrad reg., Otradnoe, Lenina 8, 1 187330

Россия, Ленинградская обл., Отрадное, Ленина 8, 1 187330

A few questions:

Is the translation correct inclusive of post code.

If the parcel gets delivered and there is no one to receive it, does Russian post leave a card etc for it to be picked up at the local post office.

Thanks

Alan65

I would just use:

187330 Russia
    Leningrad reg.
    Otradnoe
    Lenina 8, 1

But I think it will get there no matter how strange you put the address in/with Latin letters, I get a lot of stuff from China, and they can really make my address look very strange, but I get stuff sooner or later.

If the post office can't deliver a parcel/letter or what ever they try to deliver, than they place a note in your mail box stating "something is waiting for you at the post office", I get tons of these too even on stuff they just as well could had placed in the mail box, so often they do not even try to deliver you small parcel in you mail box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I would just use:

187330 Russia
    Leningrad reg.
    Otradnoe
    Lenina 8, 1

But I think it will get there no matter how strange you put the address in/with Latin letters, I get a lot of stuff from China, and they can really make my address look very strange, but I get stuff sooner or later.

If the post office can't deliver a parcel/letter or what ever they try to deliver, than they place a note in your mail box stating "something is waiting for you at the post office", I get tons of these too even on stuff they just as well could had placed in the mail box, so often they do not even try to deliver you small parcel in you mail box.
    indeed, this is the correct way to write an address. never mind what language you are using. and any NAME you have, first and second name, always comes the last line.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    Hello

I want to post something from the UK to Russia

The address I have is

Russia, Leningrad reg., Otradnoe, Lenina 8, 1 187330

Россия, Ленинградская обл., Отрадное, Ленина 8, 1 187330

Alan65
    Lenina 8, 1

Lenina 8 would be house (dom) No. 8.

What is the 1? Do they live in a house/dacha, or is that an apartment number?

I have friends who live in a house a couple of minutes away from there, and can ask them for the best way to write the address for things sent from abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Lenina 8, 1

Lenina 8 would be house (dom) No. 8.

What is the 1? Do they live in a house/dacha, or is that an apartment number?

I have friends who live in a house a couple of minutes away from there, and can ask them for the best way to write the address for things sent from abroad.
    1 is the apartment number

If you have a phone number of the recepient I would write it down in the address line as well. The post people will call it (hopefully) if it is delivered to a wrong person/address.