littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How to get Local RussianDriver Licence?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    80
    Thanked: 5

    How to get Local RussianDriver Licence?

    Hello, I have a driver licence from other country, I want to get a russian local driver licence, I have a valid Russia Visa,what Should I do now?
    Also some questions:
    1 - what Information will be wrote on my Local driver licence? For example my citizen ship will be wrote in my local driver licence or not?
    2 - name of which city will be wrote in my local driver licence? For example I have registertion paper from a hotel in Moscow, than moscow will be wrote in my local driver licence?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,689
    Thanked: 611
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hello, I have a driver licence from other country, I want to get a russian local driver licence, I have a valid Russia Visa,what Should I do now?
    You can start asking your self: "Do I really need a Russian Driver License at all, when I am in Russia on a visa?", and the answer may end up looking like: "No, you do not need a Russian Driver License unless you are going to work as a driver".
    If you just want a Russian Driver License for the tun of it try to read on here: https://www.expatica.com/ru/living/t...chools-107702/

    800px-Emblem_of_the_traffic_police_of_Russia.svg.jpgrussian-dash-cam-flying-car.jpg

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    BigBear (03-10-2019), Judge (03-10-2019), Uncle Wally (03-10-2019)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    80
    Thanked: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    You can start asking your self: "Do I really need a Russian Driver License at all, when I am in Russia on a visa?", and the answer may end up looking like: "No, you do not need a Russian Driver License unless you are going to work as a driver".
    If you just want a Russian Driver License for the tun of it try to read on here: https://www.expatica.com/ru/living/t...chools-107702/

    800px-Emblem_of_the_traffic_police_of_Russia.svg.jpgrussian-dash-cam-flying-car.jpg
    I want to live in Russia forever, I have a plan to apply for HQS visa very soon, thats why I want to get local driver licence, I also got offered from one of my frnd ( hes a Russian ) that he can help to get a local driver licence for 1500$ but very easy.

  5. #4
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,617
    Thanked: 3597
    You can drive here using your foreign driving licence, only need to change if you're going to use your car for work,taxi, delivery,etc.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    354
    Thanked: 153
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    I want to live in Russia forever, I have a plan to apply for HQS visa very soon, thats why I want to get local driver licence, I also got offered from one of my frnd ( hes a Russian ) that he can help to get a local driver licence for 1500$ but very easy.
    If you get caught doing that, you can kiss Russia goodbye forever - and maybe after serving some time in prison.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

    Hans.KK (03-10-2019)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    80
    Thanked: 5
    Why?
    I think most of you know you can buy driver licence is Russia, right? Lol

  9. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,689
    Thanked: 611
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Why?
    I think most of you know you can buy driver licence is Russia, right? Lol
    Yes, but 1500$?, way to much for a piece of plastic/paper that prove nothing.
    What matters is the registration in some central database where you test results is stored too, with the data and time of these, without these information in the database your Driver License is worthless, ok, it may work in a routine stop at the road, but any more deeper inspection and you are not driving any longer, plus you may get some tickets to pay too. Remember that you have been driving without valid Driver License, and you had committed some sort of document counterfeiting.
    Is it worth that?

    I have to admit that it could be cool to have a Russian Driver License for tram and trolleybus to show off with, but 1500$? No.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    AlexD (03-10-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •