littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Restraining Orders- Do They Even Exist??

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Restraining Orders- Do They Even Exist??

Anyone know what the process is for getting a restraining order oin Russia? (Google translates it as принудительный заказ). I did a bunch of searching on Yandex in Russian about how to obtain one, with no results. Is it even possible to get one; do they even exist??

Asking for my poor, recently-divorced sister-in-law, who's going through a rough time right now.

Thanks for any/all info that you all know!!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    I'll ask around ,did a search and this link came up , read last sentence.
    It seems the police can do something.

https://www.refworld.org/docid/5a8eb1ed4.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (03-10-2019)

Thanks for any/all info that you all know!![/QUOTE]

my reply is a very bad one. and i just hope there is no need that it will come that far.
    get a gun, kill that scum in self defence. make sure he is dead. with a history that scoundrel has, you will get off free and there will be peace in the family...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (04-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    my reply is a very bad one. and i just hope there is no need that it will come that far.
    get a gun, kill that scum in self defence. make sure he is dead. with a history that scoundrel has, you will get off free and there will be peace in the family...[/QUOTE]

Get a gun? Self-defense? What? Are you turning American?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Judge (03-10-2019), nicklcool (04-10-2019)

Get a gun? Self-defense? What? Are you turning American?[/QUOTE]

no, for sure not. i can kill also with a rolled up newspaper if needed.

True, it's been done before: "Das tapfere Schneiderlein"

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Did they teach you that at chef school

my reply is a very bad one.
    You are absolutely right.

get a gun, kill that scum in self defence. make sure he is dead. with a history that scoundrel has, you will get off free and there will be peace in the family...
    First issue: If you go and get a gun, then go to "someone your clearly dislike", something happens and you kill the person, he/she is dead and you are unharmed, no witnesses, so far so good, but somebody did hear gunshots and called the police, they arrive you will be arrested no matter what store you come up with, when you go to court you will most likely not win that one, so in jail you go. It is not free to kill whether you kill a good or a bad person.
    Fictitious self-defence often ends ugly for anyone who tries this route.

Second issue: In most country's it is not 100% legal to say "get a gun, kill that scum in self defence", it is an encouragement to a person that he/she should just go a commit a criminal act, that kind of statements can in some country's send you to jail or you may end up paying a ticket to the polices donuts club, not smart to write you point of view so clearly, a wording like "I can fully understand that somebody now and then get a gun, and use it" may had been better.

Best advice to OP is to contact an attorney with speciality in the field in question and ask for advice there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (04-10-2019)

get a gun, kill that scum in self defence. make sure he is dead. with a history that scoundrel has, you will get off free and there will be peace in the family...[/QUOTE]

Thank you Benedikt, you've just provided a better defense of our 2A rights and concerned carry laws, than I ever could have dreamed up.

The truism is that the police arrive in minutes, when seconds count.
    And for the poor young lady in Judge's story, it took the police 18days (!) to arrive.

Actually what people don't want to admit is that liberal concealed carry laws empower*women*, the weaker sex, in many situations similar to the one you describe, in fact.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (04-10-2019)

Get a gun? Self-defense? What? Are you turning American?

no, for sure not. i can kill also with a rolled up newspaper if needed.[/QUOTE]

Wait so now in addition to armoured's increased (and possibly unconstitutional) increased gun regulations, now we also have to restrict newspaper ownership!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    You are absolutely right.

First issue: If you go and get a gun, then go to "someone your clearly dislike", something happens and you kill the person, he/she is dead and you are unharmed, no witnesses, so far so good, but somebody did hear gunshots and called the police, they arrive you will be arrested no matter what store you come up with, when you go to court you will most likely not win that one, so in jail you go. It is not free to kill whether you kill a good or a bad person.
    Fictitious self-defence often ends ugly for anyone who tries this route.

Second issue: In most country's it is not 100% legal to say "get a gun, kill that scum in self defence", it is an encouragement to a person that he/she should just go a commit a criminal act, that kind of statements can in some country's send you to jail or you may end up paying a ticket to the polices donuts club, not smart to write you point of view so clearly, a wording like "I can fully understand that somebody now and then get a gun, and use it" may had been better.

Best advice to OP is to contact an attorney with speciality in the field in question and ask for advice there.
    Hans we can continue the 2A discussion over in current affairs but you've created a strawman.

Benedict didn't say to kill someone you don't like; he said to defend yourself against a (bigger, stronger, crazier) male who's trying to kill you.

The girl in Judge's story would I'm sure rather have served the typical Russian 5-10 year jail sentence for murder, yet still have both her hands!!

At least you're still *alive* after defending yourself against a crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post

But as for the original issue; thanks everyone for your advice. SiL's ex had hit her a few times before the divorce, but physical safety isn't so much an issue now as him and the ex-MiL showing up uninvited and harassing her all the time.

But I think she hasn't even persued the legal avenues to have him officially unregistered from their apartment!!

So I think there's a bit of battered-wife-syndrome going on, though she claims she just wants to be the "better person" and allow her to kids to see lots of dad and ex-Mother-in-Law.
    Women!
    People, don't get married over a kid!! There are many other options like adoption or single motherhood.

So actually, Hans, the bigger issue is not the woman killing out of anger instead of self-defense with a gun; it's not getting the proper (NRA-sponsored) training so that her gun isn't used on HER!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Did they teach you that at chef school
    no, watching to many TATORT Krimis

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Thank you Benedikt, you've just provided a better defense of our 2A rights and concerned carry laws, than I ever could have dreamed up.

The truism is that the police arrive in minutes, when seconds count.
    And for the poor young lady in Judge's story, it took the police 18days (!) to arrive.

Actually what people don't want to admit is that liberal concealed carry laws empower*women*, the weaker sex, in many situations similar to the one you describe, in fact.[/QUOTE]

In Russia some guns are allowed. Shotguns for "hunting" are one of them. It is also legal to kill an intruder of your home in Russia. I just today saw a guy with a suitcase and a gun bag on the metro. I've seen guys with long swords on the metro too. This is not America, most Russians are normal people and not drug crasied homicidal f*ck wits.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"