littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: trp for uk citizen

trp for uk citizen

hi can anyone tell me which check i need

crb. subject access request or police certificate? seems confusing

Quote Originally Posted by glynjik View Post

police certificate, with stamp of apostille at the back. and translated into russian langauge, with stamp and signature by an attorney. translation alone is not enough. and dont forget, a police certificate has an -expire date -. if things have not changed, 3 month.... here they will also want to see the original. maybe even keep it. but for office use they take then a (color) copy. from certain docs they take only the original, from others a copy will do.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I’m not sure if they will forward the document for apostille automatically. When I applied for TRP last year, I had to get them to send me the certificate to my home, then I had to send it back to the UK to get the apostille. In all it took 2 weeks to complete even using DHL courrier services.
    If you are still in the UK I recommend that you get it done before you leave, but take into account Benedikt’s advice about the expiry date. If possible, get it translated in Russia since the legalization will be recognized by the migration services without further ado.

thankyou for replies

thank you fr replies i am returning to uk on Saturday get my police check and apostle then return again on 1st dec and start the trp process cant wait its all good fun love standing in long ques might take a picknic just got the language history law cert done all easy enough now for the fun bit iv only been planning this since 2009 lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Iím not sure if they will forward the document for apostille automatically. When I applied for TRP last year, I had to get them to send me the certificate to my home, then I had to send it back to the UK to get the apostille. In all it took 2 weeks to complete even using DHL courrier services.
    If you are still in the UK I recommend that you get it done before you leave, but take into account Benediktís advice about the expiry date. If possible, get it translated in Russia since the legalization will be recognized by the migration services without further ado.

You may wish to check but I am sure there is no such thing as a CRB check it is now DBS, Enhanced DBS all the way up to CTC

https://disclosure.homeoffice.gov.uk...%3Dzj9qk3arv_5

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...eas-applicants

Iím not sure if they will forward the document for apostille automatically. When I applied for TRP last year, I had to get them to send me the certificate to my home, then I had to send it back to the UK to get the apostille. In all it took 2 weeks to complete even using DHL courrier services.
    If you are still in the UK I recommend that you get it done before you leave, but take into account Benediktís advice about the expiry date. If possible, get it translated in Russia since the legalization will be recognized by the migration services without further ado.
    If it is a DBS cert that will be issued, a DBS cert does not have an expiry date, lets remember that these certs are primarily used for within the UK for employment purposes, a secondary function is that they can be requested when applying for visa etc ....however most employers will ask that the cert is no mote than 6 months old

looks like every country has different rules and regulations, not only Russia. When i did my ( Austrian) Police reference, they recommended that i do ( in Austria,by a lawyer there, suppose an Embassy one.all that was done without me present. of course it was not done for free. but i did not have to rob the bank, neither did it cost me my last shirt) and all was done in 2 weeks via their diplomatic mail pouch). and i did the police reference the last thing. only when i had all the other docs together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    If it is a DBS cert that will be issued, a DBS cert does not have an expiry date, lets remember that these certs are primarily used for within the UK for employment purposes, a secondary function is that they can be requested when applying for visa etc ....however most employers will ask that the cert is no mote than 6 months old
    I stand corrected and you make a good point. However I think that the requirements for TRP are that thecertificate be no more than three months old.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-09-2019)

I stand corrected and you make a good point. However I think that the requirements for TRP are that thecertificate be no more than three months old.
    it is one thing when documents are being used - locally-. for TRP and PRP the - expire date - is 3 month. Same as the medical certificates, special the HIV paper...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

BigBear (23-09-2019)

Do confirm with the UK Embassy in Moscow about the specific requirements. As you may need a legalization stamp from them on the police certificate before getting it attested by Russian Foreign office.

I stand corrected and you make a good point. However I think that the requirements for TRP are that the certificate be no more than three months old.
    No probs BigBear, a bit of history of how it all came about, merged etc and I agree if someone asks for one no more than 3 months old that is what you must provide, in the UK for employers it is typically 6 months, I have to get a new one each time I change contracts so have had 3 in the last 4 years.

https://www.ucheck.co.uk/change-from-crb-to-dbs/

I'm considering retirement in Spain and have looked at other countries. Each one has an expat web site, none of which are as helpful as expat.ru for people grappling with visa and residency issues.

Well I emailed brit embassy Moscow but they have yet to reply but police check is 45 quid ready in10 days apposite 5 days 30 quid can't b bad