littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Trains on Time

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........

Trains on Time

Recently I've been catching a lot of trains out of Moscow,and one thing I noticed is how on time they all are ,right down to the second at stations.

Today on sky news ,they had a guy on talking about a new idea how to get UK trains to run on time ,guy says they will give bonuses to companies for running trains on time ,the interviewer couldn't believe what she just heard ,saying ,you gonna pay people extra for doing what they are paid for ,she was gobsmacked.

Why is it so hard to do, Russia seems to have no problems with trains on time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-09-2019), Uncle Wally (20-09-2019)

Why is it so hard to do, Russia seems to have no problems with trains on time.[/QUOTE]

there is a reason why. and all the Russians know. and even i know, because i use the trains a lot. Special the long distance trains. and here is the answer why. the second reply from -Peter C-....https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowT...me-Russia.html
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Recently I've been catching a lot of trains out of Moscow,and one thing I noticed is how on time they all are ,right down to the second at stations.

Today on sky news ,they had a guy on talking about a new idea how to get UK trains to run on time ,guy says they will give bonuses to companies for running trains on time ,the interviewer couldn't believe what she just heard ,saying ,you gonna pay people extra for doing what they are paid for ,she was gobsmacked.

Cuz otherwise the driver's get sent to Siberia. I don't know what the UK equivalent would be, maybe the Scottish highlands.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-09-2019)

The heavy heredity of damned totalitarian times.
    They never had Lazar' Moiseevich Kaganovich, peoples comissar of railways in USSR of 193x (later on the whole transport, heavy industry and oil-chemical one) with his "wingy" phrase - every accident on railway has name, patronymic and surname. He was quite hard leader, kinda marshall Zhukov in USSR industry. His methods were quite corresponding to the times, but he has raised discipline on railways to the military level (or even higher), built and organised all the management processes, and since those times trains in USSR / RF always go on time.
    Before the railways he was Moscow's City Communist Party leader and was responsible for Moscow metro building, and metro was officially named after L.M. Kaganovich since 1935 till Nov 1955, when renamed after V. I. Lenin.
    Btw metro schedule matching is 99,944 %
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-09-2019), xp@ (20-09-2019)

[QUOTE=FatAndy;1489161]The heavy heredity of damned totalitarian times.
    They never had Lazar' Moiseevich Kaganovich, peoples comissar of railways in USSR of 193x

Money talks as simple as that, even with the staunchest Communist.
    You were late, your bonus was cut down. same IN the trains. negative comments or complaints,to the train chief, your bonus was cut.

Or killed.

1930s bro.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Or killed.

1930s bro.
    well, Iron Felix was - credited - that he brought the railways to run again. When the train drivers went on -strike-. He gave them 2 possibilities. Either they put steam under the wheels. or get shot. the engineers took the first - suggestion-. and they preferred to be on time on top of it, and live. instead of peeling potatoes in Magadan...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    instead of peeling potatoes in Magadan...
    Iron Felix has died in 1926. Magadan was established in 1929.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Or killed.

1930s bro.
    Not that degree, comrade. If you kill too many, who will work?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

I take the train all the time now that I moved outside Moscow and the train has been late once by a few minutes. I also take a bus that was late only once because of an accident that blocked the road. The trains here are very comfortable to use.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-09-2019)

Not only does it suggest good organisation and planning, but also of great Soviet / Russian engineering, not just of the rail lines , but also of the trains and engines...........

All those 5 Year Plans were a very good investment!

Soviet-transport-poster-1929.jpg
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (21-09-2019), FatAndy (21-09-2019), nicklcool (21-09-2019), TheInterocitor (29-09-2019)

I recall sitting in the passenger car at the rail station somewhere in Deutschland and outside the window, I could see the big round clock. I watched as the second hand moved towards the 12 When it touched the 12, the train started moving. Pünktlichkeit.

In Tampa, the buses run 10-20 minutes off, the drivers would sometimes not stop to pick you up, in Miami they were exact.
    Freedom isn't Free - Thank a Veteran

Ha, I remember way back when bus drivers in other cities would let a babushka run down the street, sitting and waiting and just before she got to the door close it and drive off. I saw this happen many times. They didn't do this in Moscow though.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (29-09-2019)