littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Aromatherapy

Aromatherapy

Anyone else interested in this?

I know a lot of middle class white American housewives are into this right now.

A lot of it seems to be centered around essential oils n that kind of thing and while I don't pretend to understand or agree with all of it, I did specifically search out and buy a humidifier with a built in essential oil delivery mechanism.

I figure it kinda the new inscence burning thing, cept no pot smoking going on here.

With that said, eucalyptus does help one to breathe better and they say that lavendar calms and helps one to feel less stress and maybe even sleep better. I use this combination at night time.

For daytime, I like a mixture of pine and citrus.

I don't know if they really work, but at least my flat smells better than before!

I also grow tons of sage at my field/dacha.

Some I use for my famous chicken/pork sage/maple syrup/thyme/red pepper flakes breakfast sausages, but a lot of it I use to burn around the apt when people are feeling sick. It has been said that sage purifies the air and the smoke cleanses. So, maybe it's antimicrobial. Don't know.

"One 2007 study found that burning sage for an hour decreased the level of aerial bacteria by 94 percent. These effects were preserved for up to 24 hours afterward."

I do know it does act as a pollinator for my strawberries as it produces millions of flowers that bees love.

And honestly, I do love the smell of sage when rubbed between my fingers!

And honestly, I do love the smell of sage when rubbed between my fingers![/QUOTE]
    so far the only time i use sage is around Thanksgiving or at Christmas - Butterball Turkey with Sage Stuffing-
    when i typed into the search line - sage in the folks medicine - i got this. and it looks indeed impressive to me. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...tmono-504/sage
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    And honestly, I do love the smell of sage when rubbed between my fingers!

so far the only time i use sage is around Thanksgiving or at Christmas - Butterball Turkey with Sage Stuffing-
    when i typed into the search line - sage in the folks medicine - i got this. and it looks indeed impressive to me. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...tmono-504/sage[/QUOTE]

A great and easy way to make chicken.

Spatchcock the bird, lay it on a bed of sage leaves and lemon slices. Liberally apply fresh salt and pepper and boom! Ur done. Easy least chocolate sqeezy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (12-09-2019)