littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: that -pesky law - change drivers license after 6 month PRP...

that -pesky law - change drivers license after 6 month PRP...

https://www.rbc.ru/society/06/09/201...from=from_main

the whole article is here. russian langauge. from RBC. interesting also to allow - minors - to drive, with conditions...

According to the amendments, foreign rights will be declared invalid six months after their owner receives a residence permit or becomes a citizen of Russia. Moreover, foreign rights of categories D and C can be exchanged for Russian only after appropriate training and passing exams.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Does prp give the right to work? Can u leave the country any time you want? Do you have to apply for an exit visa? What about opening a bank account? What does a pro actually give you?

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Does prp give the right to work? Can u leave the country any time you want? Do you have to apply for an exit visa? What about opening a bank account? What does a pro actually give you?
    everything a - local- can do, ,except going to elections...
    I can leave anytime i want. though only for six month. makes sense.after all why would you want a PRP...
    I do NOT need a visa.
    I can open a bank account any time, and be treated as -local-. this is for tax purposes, a BIG saving. Special when you also have a local investment. ...
    There are other things as well, which are not for open discussion here....just read up on the law, ask at your post office, the tax office, your bank...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    everything a - local- can do, ,except going to elections...
    I can leave anytime i want. though only for six month. makes sense.after all why would you want a PRP...
    I do NOT need a visa.
    I can open a bank account any time, and be treated as -local-. this is for tax purposes, a BIG saving. Special when you also have a local investment. ...
    There are other things as well, which are not for open discussion here....just read up on the law, ask at your post office, the tax office, your bank...
    Is that correct? Last time I checked, and it was a few years back, if I got a pro I would have to apply for an exit visa and that would take a week. It was one of the major turnoffs. If u are here for 182x days, u are already a tax resident of Russia, u don't need a visa for that and I can already open up a bank account or I could last when I was interested in that sort of thing. I guess the biggest upshot seems to be the five year visa, which is what a pro really seems to be, with the option of citizenship down the road.