littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: School Admin software

School Admin software

Hey everyone,

I am starting my own school soon. As of right now, I just use a spreadsheet to manage my clients homework and their payments. Since I will soon be having more students, I will need dedicated software to help keep track it the payments of my students, and the salaries of my other teachers.

I will need something in English, as my Russian isn't great. Does anyone have suggestions of software that I can use? All the software I have found wants $50-500 per month, which is well above my budget.

Excel will be your friend.

Where is this English school again?

It is going to be in Kolomna.

Are you sure excel will be enough? The way it is now, I have around 15 entries, and it is starting to seem cluttered already. And with the math that I have working in the sheet, it will require editing the 'code' for each new student.

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am starting my own school soon. As of right now, I just use a spreadsheet to manage my clients homework and their payments. Since I will soon be having more students, I will need dedicated software to help keep track it the payments of my students, and the salaries of my other teachers.

I will need something in English, as my Russian isn't great. Does anyone have suggestions of software that I can use? All the software I have found wants $50-500 per month, which is well above my budget.
    Moodle!

https://moodle.com

https://moodlecloud.com/app/en/

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post

My website is made using wix, and they don't currently have an app for moodle. Is it possible to use this without having it connected to my website? My main concern is to keep track of students, payment information, contact info etc.

Just an advice, be careful what software you choose, you may end up with a steep learning curve for something that can be done in Excel, and in Excel you have all the freedom to do things your way and a ton of places where other people can help you, and one pitfall with specific SW for one purpose is that you may end up with something that do not suit your need, may not be flexible in a way you can like, may change price structure, may close suddenly.

So you may be better of using Excel than using time to learn a new SW, to use time to implement it into what ever the creators of the SW think is smart, all that time may be better used if you polish your Excel?
    And, the last tree advice's, backup, backup, and backup.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

xp@ (06-09-2019)

Moodle can be expensive to host or complicated to set up yourself with a good server.

To begin with try using this. it'sfree. If you wish to use it without adverts later, you can pay a monthly fee. https://www.gnomio.com/

Moodle will cover all what you said and much more, however you may still need a basic accounting software, excel will do that. there are also some basic accounting software open source, free or cheap. You can even charge students on site with pay-pal etc. It is designed for students distant course, homework, etc. https://www.gnomio.com/