littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Registration for a Private (ЧАСТНАЯ) Visa

Registration for a Private (ЧАСТНАЯ) Visa

Last week I returned to Russia after an overseas trip and I went to Moi Dokument to register ( As an American Citizen I have a 3 year multiple entry private visa to Russia)

As I recall from the past after registration it was possible to stay in Russia for 6 months before having to leave (cross the border and return) again.
    This time I noticed that Moi Dokument have made the registration for 3 months.

Does that mean I need to leave Russia before this 3 month registration finishes or is it possible to prolong the registration for another 3 months through MVD here in Moscow ?

If anyone has any knowledge / experience with this it would be helpful to know.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvazayets View Post
    Last week I returned to Russia after an overseas trip and I went to Moi Dokument to register ( As an American Citizen I have a 3 year multiple entry private visa to Russia)

As I recall from the past after registration it was possible to stay in Russia for 6 months before having to leave (cross the border and return) again.
    This time I noticed that Moi Dokument have made the registration for 3 months.

Does that mean I need to leave Russia before this 3 month registration finishes or is it possible to prolong the registration for another 3 months through MVD here in Moscow ?

If anyone has any knowledge / experience with this it would be helpful to know.

Thanks in advance!
    You can stay in Russia six months at a stretch, regardless of registration. So I'd find a way to extend the 3 month registration somehow and deal with leaving the country every six months separately.