littleangels        English Nanny
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where is Uncle Wally?

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    You should have asked your best buddy Russian Lad, he's swimming in bitcoins

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (20-09-2019)

This is a common scam that has been going on for years now. More often than not the "hackers" get access to old/expired passwords. I had a similar letter about my accout on Skrill (a payment system), the idiots got my old password somewhere, wanted USD800 as well. I just ignored their email and nothing happened. If they get access to a current password they may gain more without such a lame extortion scheme in many cases, especially if it is an email password, not sure what they would gain from a password on a forum.

he's swimming in bitcoins
    I actually prefer altcoins if you follow the Cryptocurrency thread. Sold my Stellar (XLM) yesterday after it went up 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    This is a common scam that has been going on for years now. More often than not the "hackers" get access to old/expired passwords. I had a similar letter about my accout on Skrill (a payment system), the idiots got my old password somewhere, wanted USD800 as well. I just ignored their email and nothing happened. If they get access to a current password they may gain more without such a lame extortion scheme in many cases, especially if it is an email password, not sure what they would gain from a password on a forum.

I actually prefer altcoins if you follow the Cryptocurrency thread. Sold my Stellar (XLM) yesterday after it went up 20%.

It was my current password for expat but I think it was because I saved that one on my phone. Something I will never do again. The second "hacker" just sent an email, showing no proof. I think he never hacked me and just sent an email, because everyone is so scared now after the news of all the hacking going on now.

I told an old friend of mine who was retired about bitcoins way back when they were like $20 or something. He was living between Russia and Italy and was looking for some way to save/invest his money. I should call him, he could be very rich now.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    My Windows Phone got hacked, the hacker asked for $800 in bit coin or he would take over my email and social networks. To prove he could he showed me my expat.ru password. So I changed it but the next day I changed it again but this time I changed the email address I used here. The old one doesn't work anymore so I put one that does. This is when my problem started. I have been just too busy to really do much about, plus it was pretty boring on here this summer. Not much worth replying to. I think the reason the hacker got my password was that I saved it on my phone so I wouldn't have to type it out every time. He didn't get any if my other passwords and never did anything when I didn't pay him. I got hack again and I wrote a nasty email back and nothing happened except I got another email wanting me to chick for a security update. One other funny thing is they thought they hacked my computer, I do have one, must be that I'm still using a Windows phone.
    Wally, Windows stores passwords on the phone, Android stores the passwords on the cloud...although I can't say I am 100% comfortable when I flip on my phone and it already knows all the passwords from my computer.
    The Snowflakes are even Stupider than We Were!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234