Has any British expat experienced receiving cheques from the the UK inland revenue, and not being able to cash them in Russia? Not they refuse to transfer the money and you can't cash them in Russia. The only plan I have round this is to get a bad credit British bank account who won't require a residential address in the UK asking you for bills with your name and local address. But can it be done online without entering UK?