littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 29 dead i na -Walmart - shooting rampage in the USA...

I see, you have no source.

My breakdown relies on only four numbers (well actually three plus the populations of NYC and London, so five). I'll make it easy for you.

-Number of murders in NYC and London in 2018: 295 and 136, respectively. These are publicly available figures, widely published, from the official authorities. (Different sources give these numbers +/- one or so, makes no difference).
    -Number of firearm homicides per 100,000 population - Centers for Disease Control - for New York State, which is 2.0.
    -Number of knife homicides in London - 79. Also a figure from the Metropolitan Police.

Since NYC is part of New York State, we can test your proposition.

First, NYC total homicide rate is 295/8.6 million = 3.4. This corresponds to the figures cited elsewhere, just checking that the homicide rate in NYC fits with the numbers.

Let's take the knife homicides in London - 79. For London to have more knife homicides than NYC has firearm homicides, the firearm homicides per population rate would have to be 79 / 8.6 million or lower, which works out to about 0.9 - half the rate of New York state itself (whereas NYC's homicide rate is higher than the state).

It's not plausible. The truth is that London's total homicide rate is so much lower than New York City's (roughly half) that it's more likely that NYC firearms homicide rate exceeds London's total homicide rate, let alone knife homicides. (But I cannot find firearms homicide rate for NYC itself, only estimate - so I'm not claiming it until I can find a reliable source).

Here's the reality: there was a short period in early 2018 (a couple of months) where London's murder rate was higher than New York's. (It may be that the knife murder rate was higher than NYC's firearms homicide rate for an even shorter period of time - but I haven't seen this documented anywhere).

This very short-lived 'fact' was picked up by some media, and some extremely biased media and loons such as yourself have been repeating it ever since. But it has not held up to analysis or numbers, because it was a short-term anomaly - not much more meaningful than saying "London's murder rate was higher than New York's for a single day."

And yet you and others keep repeating this bullshit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (11-08-2019)

(But I cannot find firearms homicide rate for NYC itself, only estimate - so I'm not claiming it until I can find a reliable source).

but with a few keywords typed into the search engine you get it for the whole of the USA. And since NY is part of it, it is also there...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...tates_by_state
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    (But I cannot find firearms homicide rate for NYC itself, only estimate - so I'm not claiming it until I can find a reliable source).

but with a few keywords typed into the search engine you get it for the whole of the USA. And since NY is part of it, it is also there...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...tates_by_state
    Yes, but I already showed it by state. Note the table you have shows total firearms death rates, which includes suicides and I assume those listed as accidental (but here I admit I do not know whether accidental would sometimes include negligence or manslaughter.)

I have not included suicides, only those listed as homicides, per the CDC, which in my link above also has separate for total and suicides, etc.

I have not included suicides, only those listed as homicides, per the CDC, which in my link above also has separate for total and suicides, etc.[/QUOTE]

you scroll dow na little bit more and you also see -murders- and - gun related murders - listed separately in a column.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    you scroll dow na little bit more and you also see -murders- and - gun related murders - listed separately in a column.
    Oops. Thank you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (12-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Tolko, do you care to post some stats on the results of those weapons bans?�� So that you don't lie to the poor forum members who are uninformed on this topic? ��
    Perhaps you would like to do some research and post any statistics or weblinks you can find to mass causality attacks conducted in Australia and / or New Zealand since the 'weapon bans'!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Yes, TR, you do know more people die by knife attacks in London (where they also banned guns) than by shootings in NYC...
    Seems very much like fake news, but lets give you the benefit of the doubt as I have no desire to shout you down!

So, over what time period does your statement relate?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Bellingcat is an amateurish, anti-Russian fraud. This propaganda sewer is a constant source of dis/misinformation on Syria and Ukraine. It should be called "smelly rat" not 'Bellingcat'.

Euronews, Politifact and the Guardian, your other "sources," about as reliable as a rubber crutch, as unbiased, as "factual" as Google, Fascistbook or Twitter, located in a more malodorous part of the mainstream media cesspool.
    Anti-Russian and Anti-US of A?

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Sorry, gun grabbers Armoured, Tolko, and.... Benedikt!? (Shame on you!)

Firearms are used WAY more often for self-defense than in [mass] shootings. So just like we accept the automobile deaths as the cost of efficiency of cars as transport, we Americans accept that many more people will be harmed by annulling our constitutional right, than will be saved.

Estimates of gun use for self-defense vary widely, in part due to definitional differences for self-defensive gun use; different data sources; and questions about accuracy of data, particularly when self-reported. The NCVS has estimated 60,000 to 120,000 defensive uses of guns per year. On the basis of data from 1992 and 1994, the NCVS found 116,000 incidents (McDowall et al., 1998). Another body of research estimated annual gun use for self-defense to be much higher, up to 2.5 million incidents, suggesting that self-defense can be an important crime deterrent (Kleck and Gertz, 1995). Some studies on the association between self-defensive gun use and injury or loss to the victim have found less loss and injury when a firearm is used (Kleck, 2001b).
    That relevant quite is from this CDC study, which, hilariously, Obama commissioned to try to get scientific support for annulling our 2A!

https://www.nap.edu/catalog/18319/pr...lated-violence
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Firearms are used WAY more often for self-defense than in [mass] shootings. So just like we accept the automobile deaths as the cost of efficiency of cars as transport, we Americans accept that many more people will be harmed by annulling our constitutional right, than will be saved.
    Just remove that outdated constitutional right, it is not needed or desirable in the world of today, but as long as it is there (and it will stay for many years to come) just accept that many people will be harmed and killed, but it looks like many people in the US do not "just accept" the numbers of death people, so the US have an internal issue they have to solve, there will never be a solution on that one too, never, this is the price you pay for a beautiful political system divided into tow large fractions that can't cooperate on big issues because the party they both want to be the one in charge.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (12-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Just remove that outdated constitutional right, it is not needed or desirable in the world of today, but as long as it is there (and it will stay for many years to come) just accept that many people will be harmed and killed, but it looks like many people in the US do not "just accept" the numbers of death people, so the US have an internal issue they have to solve, there will never be a solution on that one too, never, this is the price you pay for a beautiful political system divided into tow large fractions that can't cooperate on big issues because the party they both want to be the one in charge.
    Remove the constitutional right, did I read that correctly!?

You know, not so long ago, in the early 19th century if not later, people just... Had guns. The government didn't even GIVE people that right, which I imagine is why it was so hard to tax and otherwise control us.

After decades of indoctrination, now people think these rights are GIVEN to us by a benevolent and all-powerful GOVERNMENT,

And, the craziest part is, people are willing to give up these rights that our forefathers centuries ago bled and died for.

Hans, this is one topic where I hope us Americans are different than y'all Europeans, but I fear that our government has treasonously imported and naturalized so many liberty-hating foreigners since '65 that America is no longer comprised of Americans, and our country will soon be following your same forceful disarmament path.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

You know, not so long ago, in the early 19th century if not later, people just... Had guns. The government didn't even GIVE people that right, which I imagine is why it was so hard to tax and otherwise control us.

After decades of indoctrination, now people think these rights are GIVEN to us by a benevolent and all-powerful GOVERNMENT,

And, the craziest part is, people are willing to give up these rights that our forefathers centuries ago bled and died for.

Hans, this is one topic where I hope us Americans are different than y'all Europeans, but I fear that our government has treasonously imported and naturalized so many liberty-hating foreigners since '65 that America is no longer comprised of Americans, and our country will soon be following your same forceful disarmament path.
    And add to that, two generations of snowflakes mal-educated in the universities.
    The Snowflakes are even Stupider than We Were!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    The purpose of a Constitution is to prevent the government from becoming all-powerful. If it can be altered at will, or whenever a group of people get emotional, then the people would live in a lawless jungle.

For several decades there has been one political party in the US - a "progressive" party which has an agenda of total government control over all facets of everyone's life, and there is another "party," which has no agenda, and which attempts to slow the advance of the progressive party.

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Anti-Russian and Anti-US of A?
    Contemporary politics or national cultures (what remains of them), are not the same as ideological agendas.

Bellingcat has no use for the Russian culture or the traditional American culture.

Don't hide out in the Epstein thread, Tolko!

Why do you think a right should be removed from Americans, that until very recently wasn't "given" to us by government, and was instead as natural as breathing air or owning property?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast