littleangels        English Nanny
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 29 dead i na -Walmart - shooting rampage in the USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    it would or could be done very simple. FINES must be so heavy that it really hurts the pocket. that is the only way people will understand and learn. Unfortunately there are, special here , to many ways to sort out things - personally-. and no -protokol- is being made. meaning, a bribe is offered, and taken. and that will stay her for a long time to come... The next thing that i am afraid will happen, these electro scooters. ( a BIG thing of discontent already in the -West-). No helmet,no law, dring like crazy on pavements,roads, swerving in and out, coming from nowhere and before one can proper see them, they are gone...
    The problem with fines, Ben, is that they disproportionately punish the poor. The rich laugh them off, and the rich tend to be the more reckless drivers in their BMW’s and Mercedes. The poor have more to lose, as a rule.

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    I don't really see the dishonesty you're referring to in your characterisation of the gun control crowd. I'm not aware they claim there's no regulation, simply that it's minimal compared to comparable countries. At most it's a shorthand for 'very little.' At any rate this is at most a minor point, and you can afford to be generous and not attribute dishonesty.
    Armored did you misrepresent the rhetoric of the "gun control" crowd here on purpose, or do you honestly not know how those politicians and their followers lie about current gun laws to scare us peons into accepting more restrictions on our Constitutional freedoms as citizens? (I forget if you're American or another nationality.)

Either way your statement is tough to explain for someone so knowledgeable on the issue!

And hers, as a contender for POTUS, is an absolutely shocking display of ignorance, if not for her party's millions of braindead (from pot) or deadbeat (on welfare) voters. That should go viral: BriandeadDeatbeats

Screenshot_2019-08-19-23-50-57-580_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Who says Russia in under-regulated?

Armoured, c'mon, this is pretty disingenuous; don't patronize us!! OF COURSE Russia is under-regulated where it counts (who cares about regulated press when they've got no 1A and it affects us little as foreigners!), as Benedikt unexpectedly and quite presciently demonstrates below.

So I stand by my statement, pretty ballsy of you to push for more regulations in the States while enjoying the fruits of less-regulated life over here in the Rodina!

BTW, I know I owe you replies on your more satient & pertinent points but I haven't quite made time for it yet. No disrespect intended,!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    it would or could be done very simple. FINES must be so heavy that it really hurts the pocket. that is the only way people will understand and learn. Unfortunately there are, special here , to many ways to sort out things - personally-. and no -protokol- is being made. meaning, a bribe is offered, and taken. and that will stay her for a long time to come... The next thing that i am afraid will happen, these electro scooters. ( a BIG thing of discontent already in the -West-). No helmet,no law, dring like crazy on pavements,roads, swerving in and out, coming from nowhere and before one can proper see them, they are gone...
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    The problem with fines, Ben, is that they disproportionately punish the poor. The rich laugh them off, and the rich tend to be the more reckless drivers in their BMWs and Mercedes. The poor have more to lose, as a rule.
    Rus is there documentation for this? Anecdotally as Americans we know that in the States, egregiously expensive fines like $300 for littering or $500 when you car is towed equally oppress (=get us to obey the law) both the poor and upper middle class.
    If anything Russia has shown with laughable speed camera tickets that are cheaper than a McDonald's meal how both poor and Rich can just consider these fines to be a "commuting expense" and ignore the speed limits entirely
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Nickl I have limited time to respond but yes, I truly believe Russia is highly regulated. Enforcement may be weak or arbitrary but the regs are excessive. And often out of date and not properly applicable to the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Why are you referencing 'terrorist attacks'? These mass shooters are crazy US of A citizens who have become angry for some reason - For example, how many terrorists attacked US of A schools killing scores of children?

None! (ALL)

If you want to reference terrorist attacks, aQ killed less than 3,000 people on 9/11, but in the same year there were nearly 9,000 gun homicides (not suicides or shooting accidents), but murders involving firearms in the US of A.
    What, are we going around in circles?

And now you want to redefine the word "terrorist" so it only applies to non-Americans.
    The Snowflakes are even Stupider than We Were!

The problem with fines, Ben, is that they disproportionately punish the poor. The rich laugh them off, and the rich tend to be the more reckless drivers in their BMW’s and Mercedes. The poor have more to lose, as a rule.
    suppose the one should find a formula,-crime- x size of the car = fine...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

The phenomenon we see today is a real change from forty years ago. There has always been murder, there has been the very occasional mass murder; we know that, no one denies it. But the mass shootings of today, in frequency and scope, simply did not happen on such a scale, in spite of nations like America being loaded with firearms; in America in particular people walked around armed, guns carried in pickup trucks, etc, and nobody, generally speaking, shot anybody. For decades and centuries. The shooting of any one man was news.

It’s not the existence of guns, people. It is a real change in the human soul. It points ineluctably to a cause that some here don’t want to admit, the undeniable fact that Europe and America were formed for centuries by a particular religion, that not all accepted or bought into, but which was broadly accepted, either nominally or more sincerely, by the general mass of the populations and whose assumptions of the basis of morality became the basis of law and order. In short, nations that had been largely Christian have publicly repudiated that religion, and that coincides fairly directly (with a one-generation lag, as children began to grow up in an environment touting increasingly non-Christian assumptions and values) with the rise of modern intolerance, and of the insanity (unhealthiness of the soul) that leads people to commit such wickedness.

I could even talk about how the public abandonment of Christian faith in Russia was followed by unprecedented violence of Russian against Russian on a massive scale for over two decades, notably the Civil War and the Terror, ended only by a war which literally decimated (in the one-out-of-ten sense) the population (and ultimately led to the collapse of the Soviet Union). China, by contrast, was never Christian to begin with. But I think it’s enough to say that the facts about America are unquestionably true.

I’d expect flat-out denials, or silence, from the atheist wing here, but no effective refutation of the coincidence of those facts.
    Spot on. Add to that, two generations of miseducated malcontents produced by the glittering towers of erudite ignorance pontificating from their palaces of stupidity in the social sciences department of the nearby university, and you have graduates who can't read, do math or think, but know how to play video games, send a text or pull a trigger.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (21-08-2019)

I see, you have no source.

My breakdown relies on only four numbers (well actually three plus the populations of NYC and London, so five). I'll make it easy for you.

-Number of murders in NYC and London in 2018: 295 and 136, respectively. These are publicly available figures, widely published, from the official authorities. (Different sources give these numbers +/- one or so, makes no difference).
    -Number of firearm homicides per 100,000 population - Centers for Disease Control - for New York State, which is 2.0.
    -Number of knife homicides in London - 79. Also a figure from the Metropolitan Police.

Since NYC is part of New York State, we can test your proposition.

First, NYC total homicide rate is 295/8.6 million = 3.4. This corresponds to the figures cited elsewhere, just checking that the homicide rate in NYC fits with the numbers.

Let's take the knife homicides in London - 79. For London to have more knife homicides than NYC has firearm homicides, the firearm homicides per population rate would have to be 79 / 8.6 million or lower, which works out to about 0.9 - half the rate of New York state itself (whereas NYC's homicide rate is higher than the state).

It's not plausible. The truth is that London's total homicide rate is so much lower than New York City's (roughly half) that it's more likely that NYC firearms homicide rate exceeds London's total homicide rate, let alone knife homicides. (But I cannot find firearms homicide rate for NYC itself, only estimate - so I'm not claiming it until I can find a reliable source).

Here's the reality: there was a short period in early 2018 (a couple of months) where London's murder rate was higher than New York's. (It may be that the knife murder rate was higher than NYC's firearms homicide rate for an even shorter period of time - but I haven't seen this documented anywhere).

This very short-lived 'fact' was picked up by some media, and some extremely biased media and loons such as yourself have been repeating it ever since. But it has not held up to analysis or numbers, because it was a short-term anomaly - not much more meaningful than saying "London's murder rate was higher than New York's for a single day."

And yet you and others keep repeating this bullshit.
    It's a waste of my time to argue about statistics. I am not buying your underlying assumptions nor your fascist agenda - I say "fascist" because you were mal-educated and come from Western Europe, where free speech has been all but eradicated - anyone who disagrees with the social justice warriors running your so-called "education" system is labeled a "bigot" and his speech is criminalized.

The "surface" cause of gun violence is guns, but if you are going to stick "by your guns" on that one, then the "cause" of automobile violence is automobiles.

If you are ever ready to discuss the root causes of violence, terrorism, or even specifically, just American gun violence, let me know.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    It's a waste of my time to argue about statistics. I am not buying your underlying assumptions nor your fascist agenda - I say "fascist" because you were mal-educated and come from Western Europe, where free speech has been all but eradicated - anyone who disagrees with the social justice warriors running your so-called "education" system is labeled a "bigot" and his speech is criminalized.

More fake news from you!

Armoured is Canadian, unless I am mistaken!

And, he appears to be better educated than you impolitely & arrogantly suggest!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    More fake news from you!

Armoured is Canadian, unless I am mistaken!

And, he appears to be better educated than you impolitely & arrogantly suggest!
    Armoured called me a loon, so I called him a fascist - tit for tat.

There is little difference between the controlled speech allowed in the Netherlands, government regulated media in Deutschland, and the controlled speech in Canuck-land.

I doubt Under-Armour has matriculated at 7 different universities, like me, and since I got perfect 800's on the GRE exams, I doubt he is "better" educated than moi. But he has been immersed and indoctrinated very well in the social sciences.

I don't think calling anyone names helps advance one's own cause or ideas.

An education that has excluded the central issues of the nature of man and his purpose in life (including considering whether any religion is true or not, and on what basis) is not an education at all. People used to understand this. That is why all fields of study ended in the PhD - as the ultimate goal of learning is to lead to a holistic worldview, a philosophy of life. So if one says that it doesn't matter what one believes, they are not educated, period, whatever time they spent in an institution. Religion obviously has effects on human behavior, and people willingly going to their deaths generally always did so for a reason, and most often out of hope that this brief existence is not all there is.

For that reason, I don't think scores of any sort are good indicators of education. One must be able to ask WHY people who always had guns have begun shooting both others and themselves in numbers, proportion, and frequency hitherto unknown. And again, that answer is in the human soul, not in whether one can buy a gun or not. The question is, what motivates a man to use a gun he has to murder and suicide?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345