littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Russian Subtitles

Russian Subtitles

Though Netflix started in Russia in 2016 and still i can't seem to find no Russian subtitles for such TV shows as breaking bad, sherlock, ozark, vikings, narcos, guardians of the galaxy, stranger things ... these are top TV shows, but for some reason Netflix does not translate them into Russian, so I, as a subscriber, are very disappointed. Any possible way get to subtitles for these shows in the future?

It is very spotty. Have you tried amedia (not sure I have the name right)? It is a local service with things like game of thrones in English and Russian but I'm not sure how good they are about Russian subtitles.

I’d much rather have Netflix without Russian subs than not be able to get movies in English with English subs, which is increasingly a problem in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    I’d much rather have Netflix without Russian subs than not be able to get movies in English with English subs, which is increasingly a problem in Russia.
    That's my preference too, but understand why some might want Russian subtitles.

Though Netflix started in Russia in 2016 and still i can't seem to find no Russian subtitles for such TV shows as breaking bad, sherlock, ozark, vikings, narcos, guardians of the galaxy, stranger things ... these are top TV shows, but for some reason Netflix does not translate them into Russian, so I, as a subscriber, are very disappointed. Any possible way get to subtitles for these shows in the future?
    Have just stumbled across this one. As I know, they have plenty of translators translating movies into Russian, I know some of them personally and they work non-stop, maybe Netflix needs to expand...