littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: got even more hassled entering RU

got even more hassled entering RU

I got asked to go to a back room where an Inspector seemed to be doing spy-fishing about why I spend so much time in RU, etc.; I figure that if RU didn't want me visiting, they would have denied me my latest visa just a few months back. I got the feeling that this was all for show, with the real reason to get my fingerprints done. While I was in the back room, another guy got sent back to get his fingerprints done. They let me go right before the next scheduled bus was to leave (obviously I couldn't leave on that bus.) Oh well, hopefully that was it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swampwiz For This Useful Post:

Judge (31-07-2019), rusmeister (31-07-2019)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    It's probably down to Russia and the US not being on the best of terms, on a bus with one or two Yanks, these guys just doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    It's probably down to Russia and the US not being on the best of terms, on a bus with one or two Yanks, these guys just doing their job.
    Hopefully, there will be some institutional memory so that when they see me again next year, they'll say "oh yeah. we had a talk last summer, and we had have his fingerprints". I seem to remember the "inspector" saying something like I won't have to do this next year.

I think it has always been like that, when i was studying Russian I used to go after each term so in the space of a year I got 4 tourist visas, on applying the the 4th I got called into the embassy and asked why i was going to Russia so often, I explained that I was studying Russian, they said I should get a student visa, i said I was studying in the UK and they could not understand why someone would want to learn Russian and go there so often.

Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    Hopefully, there will be some institutional memory so that when they see me again next year, they'll say "oh yeah. we had a talk last summer, and we had have his fingerprints". I seem to remember the "inspector" saying something like I won't have to do this next year.
    Try flying into the country or train.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    I think it has always been like that, when i was studying Russian I used to go after each term so in the space of a year I got 4 tourist visas, on applying the the 4th I got called into the embassy and asked why i was going to Russia so often, I explained that I was studying Russian, they said I should get a student visa, i said I was studying in the UK and they could not understand why someone would want to learn Russian and go there so often.
    They probably thought you were studying here, makes sense for them to ask.

In my 15 years coming in and out of Russia, not once had problem, only question I'm asked is where have I flown in from on.

Saying that, next time I leave I'll l probably get the back room treatment.

In my 15 years coming in and out of Russia, not once had problem, only question I'm asked is where have I flown in from on.
    The same, Откуда прибыл рейс, a couple of times цель поездки? and that's all. But I'm local and go via leftmost cabins.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Judge (02-08-2019)

Maybe you trigger some old memories for the authorities, which makes them suspicious on your frequent visits or someone that looks alike