littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: no more - paper - passports will be issued after 2022. only plastic cards...

no more - paper - passports will be issued after 2022. only plastic cards...

https://www.rbc.ru/society/17/07/201...d0?from=center
    this is the original russian language ling to the article.

and i have copied the english langauge one...

Paper passports in Russia will stop issuing in 2022 They will be replaced with plastic cards with chips and a mobile application
    Electronic passports will be issued instead of regular passports in Russia in 2020, and two years later the issuance of paper documents will cease. But the government will have to reduce the cost of issuing a new identity card

The implementation of a pilot project for issuing e-passports to Russian citizens will start in 2020 in Moscow, said Deputy Prime Minister Maxim Akimov. According to him, even two years later, electronic documents will finally replace traditional paper ones, RBC correspondent reports.

“The issuance of electronic passports will begin in July next year in a pilot mode in Moscow. Then we will dynamically, with an increase from 1100 to 3000 points for issuing passports of the new sample in the country, in 2022, complete the issuance of old passports, ”said Akimov after the meeting on the introduction of an electronic identity card with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

Formally, the concept of an electronic identity card has not yet been approved, but it follows from Akimov’s statements:

an electronic passport will be a plastic card with a chip. It will consist only of Russian components and will work on Russian software. The cryptographic algorithms developed in Russia will be used. “Security in this case will be much higher than in the sphere of circulation of paper passports. If you have lost your e-passport, you can block it in a few seconds, ”Akimov said.
    The electronic passport card will be valid for ten years, and the replacement of existing paper passports with electronic ones will be made at the request of the owner.
    At the initial stage, the fee for obtaining an electronic certificate will be similar to that which is now charged when receiving a paper passport - 300 rubles, but will be gradually increased.
    In addition to the card, an e-passport application will be released for all mobile platforms. “That is, it is not necessary to carry even this light document with you, but it will be enough to submit an application,” said Akimov, adding that the developer will be state-owned, and the service itself will be free.
    “The electronic passport simplifies interaction with government agencies, obtaining government and commercial services. It is not necessary to fill out questionnaires, write inquiries, retype data, as was traditionally done, which is often accompanied by errors and wasted time. An electronic passport, of course, has other advantages - it is harder to fake and very difficult to damage, ”said Dmitry Medvedev during the meeting.

The issuance of electronic ID cards instead of a passport of a citizen of Russia is provided for in the Digital Economy program. According to the order of the Russian government dated September 19, 2013, which approved the first concept of the transition to an electronic identity card, from 2025 only a similar document can be obtained, and from 2030 paper passports will no longer be valid. Earlier, Vedomosti wrote that Akimov supported the concept that the issue of paper passports would cease in early 2023, and it is planned to replace all paper identification cards with electronic ones by December 2028.

As Akimov explained, the officials assessed the technical capabilities and realized that the project can be done from 2022.

What options did the government consider?

Although Akimov described how the passport will look and how it will work, it is still not determined who will be the system operator. Also, the Deputy Prime Minister did not specify what amount of expenditures are in question.

Earlier, RBC sources reportedthat the government is considering several concepts for the transition to an electronic identity card. Two of them provided for the issuance of a certificate in the form of plastic cards with a chip, which will contain the same data as in a regular passport, as well as biometric information (fingerprint) and an electronic signature. In particular, the company Goznak offered that it would take on the costs of creating the necessary infrastructure, and the investment would be paid for by a fee that would be charged to citizens for confirming their identity when conducting transactions (for example, if a person decides to use an electronic signature to buy an apartment or car). The size of the board and other details were not specified. FSBI "Research Institute" Voskhod "proposed to create a system at the expense of budget funds and use the same infrastructure for issuing electronic certificates as for foreign passports (they are issued under the authority of" Voskhod "). To recoup the costs of creating a system of scientific research institutes offered at the expense of commercial services: for example, banks will pay the state for confirming the identity of the person who applied to them for a loan.

The third concept was promoted by Rostelecom. According to it, the electronic ID will not have a physical carrier. It will be made on the basis of the biometric system that Rostelecom is developing, and will exist, for example, in the form of an application for a smartphone. At the same time, an option was considered whereby there is an electronic card, but a citizen can store a light version of the certificate on his smartphone.

Both Goznak, and the Voskhod Research Institute, and Rostelecom claimed the title of the operator of the issuance of electronic identity cards, said RBC interlocutors.

From the choice of concept depends on the cost of the project. As Akimov used to say in an interview with Vedomosti, the government is faced with “a serious question, whether to spend 144 billion rubles. on the distribution of cards with a chip. " After the meeting with Medvedev, he said that the participants had the task of modernizing state systems for issuing an e-passport “without increasing costs”. How this will be done is not yet decided.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

BigBear (19-07-2019), xt-tsi (21-07-2019)

Yes, it’s about time Russians should have the plastic Identity like everywhere else.

I read somewhere that in some West European countries, new passports / ID cards will not have gender listed anymore because apparently there are so many different types of gender now!

At least in the RF, there is still only Male and Female etc!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-07-2019), FatAndy (20-07-2019), Hans.KK (19-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    I read somewhere that in some West European countries, new passports / ID cards will not have gender listed anymore because apparently there are so many different types of gender now!

At least in the RF, there is still only Male and Female etc!
    over the years i have seen many changes in passports. no more profession, no more religion, no more - special id marks -, in the end we all will be a number only. well, so be it...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    over the years i have seen many changes in passports. no more profession, no more religion, no more - special id marks -, in the end we all will be a number only. well, so be it...
    One day they are also stupid enough to remove the photograph!

May be we shall have a microchips or just use our biometrics for all forms of identification?

Yet in the beginning of 20th century passports were w/o photos.

First documents with photos appeared... yes, in Germany, and they were long-term railway tickets. Darum die Ordnung muss sein!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

May be we shall have a microchips or just use our biometrics for all forms of identification?
    seeing how small the microchip in our dog is, not that i want to compare - us- with him, i am surprised it has not been done long ago already. or maybe Moulder and Scully were right, we have them already and just dont know it yet?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

BigBear (22-07-2019), FatAndy (22-07-2019), TolkoRaz (22-07-2019)

seeing how small the microchip in our dog is, not that i want to compare - us- with him, i am surprised it has not been done long ago already. or maybe Moulder and Scully were right, we have them already and just dont know it yet?
    Because microchips could probably be replanted into another body, may be we could be 'branded' with barcodes?

The next question would be, where?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (22-07-2019)

All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (22-07-2019)

Because microchips could probably be replanted into another body, may be we could be 'branded' with barcodes?

The next question would be, where?
    with a barcode, the -reader -scanner- must be very close by. wit ha microchip it might be just through a -security check- and he can read it? what about your skin when one is young or old? it stretches and shrinks. will the scanner be able to read?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (22-07-2019)

with a barcode, the -reader -scanner- must be very close by. wit ha microchip it might be just through a -security check- and he can read it? what about your skin when one is young or old? it stretches and shrinks. will the scanner be able to read?
    What about if human is black or white?

What about if human is black or white?
    makes me wonder... but i think -they- know anyway already more about us then we might think. everyone has a smart phone, a credit or debit card. a transport card for the Metro or bus. we pay utilities,fines, phone,Internet through electronic media. at the policlinic we have a plastic card, and even here or at any other social media -we- give freely away our private live.... do i care? no...because what i do not want to know -anyone- i just to not write abut, post or tell.

makes me wonder... but i think -they- know anyway already more about us then we might think. everyone has a smart phone, a credit or debit card. a transport card for the Metro or bus. we pay utilities,fines, phone,Internet through electronic media. at the policlinic we have a plastic card, and even here or at any other social media -we- give freely away our private live.... do i care? no...because what i do not want to know -anyone- i just to not write abut, post or tell.
    You overlooked fitness devices such as FitBit which track one's daily physical activities, locations, and medical aspects such heart rate, pulse and weight etc.......