littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: got this warning today, only from OPERA, Google had nothing.

got this warning today, only from OPERA, Google had nothing.

normally i get that only when wanting to login to the Moscow times... wonder what is the reason? or is there any? i carried on, went to -unsafe - but nothing more happend, the antivirus was not squealing, to tags came up, went on as normal? everything IS normal?
    only on OPERA, nothing on Google or Safari.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    normally i get that only when wanting to login to the Moscow times... wonder what is the reason? or is there any? i carried on, went to -unsafe - but nothing more happend, the antivirus was not squealing, to tags came up, went on as normal? everything IS normal?
    and funny as it is, on opening the Moscow Times with Opera i get no warning. it opens straight away. on Google Chrome I had to go to an - incognito Window - and only then, after a warning once more, I could open the link. weird things these browsers?

and funny as it is, on opening the Moscow Times with Opera i get no warning. it opens straight away. on Google Chrome I had to go to an - incognito Window - and only then, after a warning once more, I could open the link. weird things these browsers?
    Well, MT IS a publication pushing the globalist and radical Left agenda, so it definitely IS malicious and full of hacks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (13-07-2019)

Good to see that such a wise man of many years totally ignored the good advice!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Good to see that such a wise man of many years totally ignored the good advice!
    looks lie there is some sort of miscommunication?i get this warning ,again today, this time, when login in onto EXPAT, this site. only with Opera. Nothing from Google Chrome, the the browser i -normally - use. And nothing from Safari, wich is the MACs browser, which i do not or very seldom use.

looks lie there is some sort of miscommunication?i get this warning ,again today, this time, when login in onto EXPAT, this site. only with Opera. Nothing from Google Chrome, the the browser i -normally - use. And nothing from Safari, wich is the MACs browser, which i do not or very seldom use.
    These warnings are largely based on databases or lists sold by various companies plus some additional secret sauce each adds to their list of problem sites. It mostly is not a deep technical analysis (some simple stuff that may be checked each time like whether security certificate is out of date or missing).

So the question is: is it more likely that opera has figured out some obscure danger that Google and Apple have missed, or that opera's info is out of date?

Note some lists sold by companies have overlapping definitions that may contradict each other, combining these lists using different rules is one reason you can get different results.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-07-2019), Hans.KK (13-07-2019)