littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Notarized Translation of ENTIRE US Passport

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Notarized Translation of ENTIRE US Passport

Hey guys,

I think the inspectors at Saxarovo are just trying to have fun with me at this point, but today, on my second talon, the first guy accepted all my docs, but then the second lady (I guess she's the "real"inspector) told me she didn't like my passport translation (specific interaction: how many pages does your passport have? Well, then why is the translation of only one page?)

I asked her to clarify what needed to be translated:
    The quotes that decorate the pages?
    The entry & exit stamps?
    The instruction pages?

She weakly clarified that visas and stamps don't need to be translated, and definitely not the quotes, but oh, it wouldn't hurt to translate the instruction pages, and actually it wouldn't hurt to translate the stamps, too, but just the English ones, oh and the stamps from Ukraine, too.

So ... That's a little too vague for me!

Had anyone else translated their ENTIRE passport for migration officials? If so, how's did you do it? Which pages and items on the pages did you translate?

Thank you!!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Each time that I have been to the migration service here in Krasnodar, first for TRP and most recently for PRP, I have submitted translations of both my passports (Belgian, which actually has some stamps in it, and British which is completely empty). Both translations were of the complete passport, including the empty pages, instructions, etc.

Empty pages are “translated” with the mention “/не заролнено/“ (i.e., not filled).
    For the translation pages, all that was translated were the category headings (e.g., surname, given name, nationality, etc.).

I also looked at an older translation of my previous passport that had Russian entry stamps in it. There, the translation had a mention “-отметки пограничных контрольных органов-“ (i.e., stamps of the border control bodies) but did not state when or where. Pages with visas mentionned “Виза Российская Федерация” plus the number of the visa.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (01-07-2019), DiscoverLearn (01-07-2019), Hans.KK (01-07-2019), natlee (01-07-2019), nicklcool (01-07-2019), Suuryaa (06-08-2019)

Agree with BigBear here! Better safe. I did the same (the translation bit I mean) for my daughter's travel passport when submitting the documents for her British passport renewal - translators laughed at my request, but I just didn't want the risk of having my application delayed for any silly reason.
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (02-07-2019)

I once made a translation of every page of my passport based on a request from an inspector. Once, while submitting an application, I brought this massive pile of pages for the passport translation along with the normal translation of the passport cover page with my photo and basic info. The inspector rejected the "big" translation and laughed at me for making it. Then, he accepted the normal one.

So, although I made the translation of every page of my passport once upon a time, I never submitted or used it. This, after living in the country 32 years and submitting many a notarized passport translation.

The inspector is just being difficult, knowing full well translating every page isn't required.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (01-07-2019), Hizam4747 (02-07-2019), nicklcool (02-07-2019)

things seem not to have changed much in Sacharovo. and you are only at the second inspector. there is still a third one to come. and maybe even a fourth one....(I have an EU standard passport. and there are only 4 pages to translate. which were done at an ACCREDITED translation Bureau. Not a one room,one secretary,one typewriter place). maybe that had somethign to do with your translation? where i had empty pages, nothing was mentioned, neither any stamps or any, fair enough russian langauge only, visa. InAustria they stamp the passport only on request, so nothing there for them to complain about. as you wrote, they are just trying to be difficult...( on the other hand, once a year i have to do here i nStrogino at the OBM my - yearly - re registration... the - old- inspector, for years, asked a whole pile of documents, photocopies and translations and what have you. he was - let go-. and the new guy, also laughed at me when i presented him with the whole pile. he said, all that is not needed. instead of some 50 pages translations and documents, i can do now with 5 pages...)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (02-07-2019)

Yes, you need a translation of the entire passport. On blank pages, they just write that the page is blank. On pages with visas they write that there's a visa. On pages with stamps they write that there are stamps. I did this for TRP and PRP (just applied last month). They check all the pages. If you get a new stamp, you'll need a new translation. I translated my whole passport for just 1100 rub.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonLDS For This Useful Post:

natlee (18-07-2019), Suuryaa (06-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JonLDS View Post
    Yes, you need a translation of the entire passport. On blank pages, they just write that the page is blank. On pages with visas they write that there's a visa. On pages with stamps they write that there are stamps. I did this for TRP and PRP (just applied last month). They check all the pages. If you get a new stamp, you'll need a new translation. I translated my whole passport for just 1100 rub.
    looks like they have for every COUNTRY as well different rules and regulations?God bless the bureaucrats, how would the world though be nicer without them...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Do you need to notarize this translation?

Yes, you do have to notarize it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Suuryaa (06-08-2019)

I've always had done a full notarised translation of every page of the passport. I've had some more stamps in my passport since last time so I'm getting it redone for my PRP application.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LaughingMan For This Useful Post:

Suuryaa (06-08-2019)