littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Well there go my travel plans...

Well there go my travel plans...

Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

fly to any of the -stans- and you can go from there.... Or to Vienna. they still fly to Tbilisi...
    I do not see any date on the site. so I do not know if it is up to date? are you alone or with the kids? https://www.costtotravel.com/train/f...rgia-to-moscow
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    I do not see any date on the site.
    Since 8th Jul.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    fly to any of the -stans- and you can go from there.... Or to Vienna. they still fly to Tbilisi...
    I do not see any date on the site. so I do not know if it is up to date? are you alone or with the kids? https://www.costtotravel.com/train/f...rgia-to-moscow
    (Thankfully) we were only thinking of going later in the year, and thanks, I realize that it's still doable but I'll give it some time till we can hopefully fly direct - traveling with a 5 y/o is exhausting enough!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-06-2019)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Very interesting that Trump visits the Queen of England and then both the Iran incident and this Georgia stuff go down! Who is really in charge of the United States, our POTUS, or...?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Very interesting that Trump visits the Queen of England and then both the Iran incident and this Georgia stuff go down! Who is really in charge of the United States, our POTUS, or...?

Unlike normal US doings I don't think America had anything to do with Georgia protest.

Lll
    More interesting is that after Trump's visit to the UK is his sudden ok to talk to William Barr. Was Steele a crazy phucking weirdo or a paid FBI spook trying to entrap Trump?

America is the country where cops beat while yelling "stop resisting!" When you aren't resisting, America is one big lie. America has caused more death and destruction over the last 40 years than any other country. Your fasit America is like the Mafia. "If you don't give us your oil or let us enslave your people to grow our bananas we will bomb you. America is a stain on the human race. The " American way of life " is the whole reason why the world is in decline. It's a rape and pillage philosophy. Phuck America!!!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    (Thankfully) we were only thinking of going later in the year, and thanks, I realize that it's still doable but I'll give it some time till we can hopefully fly direct - traveling with a 5 y/o is exhausting enough!
    Transit via Minsk-2, Yerevan (Zvartnots), Gyandzha. Or Vladikavkaz (Beslan), then by bus/маршрутка.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Any idea what this might mean for the Consulate?

I had plans to go there for a visa in August, but now it seems like it wouldn't be a wise decision. Probably need to go to Armenia for it.

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Any idea what this might mean for the Consulate?
    If you speak about RF Consulate in Georgia, then it doesn't exist. At all. There is no diplomatic relations. Swiss embassy has got RF rep section. So doesn't mean at all.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    If you speak about RF Consulate in Georgia, then it doesn't exist. At all. There is no diplomatic relations. Swiss embassy has got RF rep section. So doesn't mean at all.
    While this is technically true the reality is that the Russian interests section of the Swiss embassy is the old Russian embassy. It still works. Just that the level of service may vary. Again my understanding from acquaintances is that they are just very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    POTUS for sure not. First the armaments lobby, then the banks, big oil, big business, the Illuminati, the Jews, the Freemasons, well pick one, you might not be far off. But POTUS for sure is not.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (23-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    While this is technically true the reality is that the Russian interests section of the Swiss embassy is the old Russian embassy. It still works. Just that the level of service may vary. Again my understanding from acquaintances is that they are just very busy.
    Yes, they do some consular questions, but I'd not account much on them.
    https://georgia.mid.ru/informacia-vizy
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Yes, they do some consular questions, but I'd not account much on them.
    https://georgia.mid.ru/informacia-vizy
    I'm really not trying to split hairs - my point is only that there is a consular services section, and that the 'no diplomatic relations' formality is not the part that matters to most travellers, but rather actual availability of services (which ones and how hard to obtain).

As for what services available, it's mostly limited by the decisions of the RF MID about what services/standard of services they want to offer. Several months ago (before recent flare-up) acquaintances were saying most services were offered, it was just very busy/long lead times. I assume the recent flare-up won't help, and they could decide at any time to limit the services, but at any rate, not the easiest place for a visa run.

(If the no dip relations part matters, it's more as an indication in my view of how bad the relations in the real world are, how likely to have periodic flare-ups, and they are ... not good)