littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: I have never seen this before, maybe RUSMEISTER can help?

I have never seen this before, maybe RUSMEISTER can help?

under a tree, on a clean big napkin, a glass jar, opened but not spilled, Honey. In a russian -Garshoshki- some milk.
    And on the napkin, no bowl or other container, buckwheat.Not cooked.
    Yesterday, Sunday, orthodox Christians celebrated -Troitska-. my wife said that it might have something to do with that. however on that day one takes, or they took, when she was a child, braches of birch trees home. and they stayed there until next year.But she also had no idea and never seen it or heard about it. ( I had no camera with me, so i could not take a photo.)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%...B8%D1%86%D1%8B Some data on birch trees branches

No ideas on milk, honey and buckwheat, though maybe the last has some relation to Greece as the Orthodoxy source.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Rus thank you for the link. but it was not like that. it is raining heavily now, wonder what will be left when i walk the dog. but i will make a photo if something is still out there...

i got a reply that does make sense... i copied both languages. reply from an acquaintance on FB...

Историки считают, что Троица берёт свои истоки в одном из старейших праздников Древнего Рима, Флоралиях. Флоралии устраивались в честь римской богини весны, расцвета, цветов и полевых плодов Флоры, который отмечался с 28 апреля по 3 мая. Во время этого весеннего праздника люди надевали красивые наряды, устраивали танцы, украшали здания цветами, а богине Флоре приносили дары мёдом и молоком

Historians believe that the Trinity originates in one of the oldest holidays of Ancient Rome, Floralia. Floralia were arranged in honor of the Roman goddess of spring, flowering, flowers and field fruits of Flora, which was celebrated from April 28 to may 3. During this spring festival, people wore beautiful dresses, dances, decorated the building with flowers, and the goddess Flora give each other gifts of honey and milk

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i got a reply that does make sense... i copied both languages. reply from an acquaintance on FB...

Историки считают, что Троица берёт свои истоки в одном из старейших праздников Древнего Рима, Флоралиях. Флоралии устраивались в честь римской богини весны, расцвета, цветов и полевых плодов Флоры, который отмечался с 28 апреля по 3 мая. Во время этого весеннего праздника люди надевали красивые наряды, устраивали танцы, украшали здания цветами, а богине Флоре приносили дары мёдом и молоком

Historians believe that the Trinity originates in one of the oldest holidays of Ancient Rome, Floralia. Floralia were arranged in honor of the Roman goddess of spring, flowering, flowers and field fruits of Flora, which was celebrated from April 28 to may 3. During this spring festival, people wore beautiful dresses, dances, decorated the building with flowers, and the goddess Flora give each other gifts of honey and milk
    “Historians believe”. Snort. Which historians? Give me their names and I’ll give you dozens that don’t believe it. Put the magic words “experts say” (historians/scientists, etc...) in front of anything you care to make up, and you can get people to believe anything at all.

One of the most constant attacks on Christianity is that its holidays were actually somebody else's. It’s an attempt to say that Christianity is just a false copy. First of all, the claims are very often not true.

Second of all, it’s an idea that doesn’t get that if a thing is really TRUE, it is GOING to acknowledge things that were always true, and admit that the pagans weren’t completely wrong about everything. Even Plato and Aristotle got some things right. And some things are just plain human. People have always celebrated spring, as they have celebrated autumn harvests, and you will find them in any religion and even preserved in the weird aberration that is irreligion.

And finally, the Christian faith has its own logic, as a holistic view of reality. Anyone who asks what the Trinity is will find out that it makes perfect sense that the Annunciation falls on March 25th, and Christmas on December 25th, and that 9 months means something in human gestation. You find that the number forty, and especially forty days, has consistent, repetitive significance, and the the period of fasting before Holy Week is forty days, and the period of celebration after the only self-resurrection from the dead in human history is also forty days. You learn that Pentecost was ten days after that (a little knowledge of Greek might make that obvious), and the meaning of Pentecost is the descent of the Holy Spirit, the completion of the Trinity in human experience. All of that stuff is remembered on a calendar that mirrors the events themselves, and has nothing to do with prior pagan holidays that happened to fall somewhere near those times of the year.

Rus you believe what you believe and that is good so.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Rus you believe what you believe and that is good so.
    It’s only good if it’s true. If it’s false, it’s bad. That’s why it matters so much what you believe.
    I can defend the idea that it’s true. Most people have very bad defenses of the idea that it’s false.

The real evil, and great falsehood, is to say that it doesn't matter what you believe.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (22-06-2019)

Hi Benedikt! I made some search (in Russian) and my guess is this is a part of magic ritual. Someone was making a spell either on money or love (as they say, Love and hunger rule the world )
    The best things in life are not things

Quote Originally Posted by Viola View Post
    Hi Benedikt! I made some search (in Russian) and my guess is this is a part of magic ritual. Someone was making a spell either on money or love (as they say, Love and hunger rule the world )
    i never thought of that. thank you for the reply though.and someone for sure must also have known about that and not liked it. because it is all destroyed. ( not just turned over)