littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Applied For Citizenship

Applied For Citizenship

Where there is a will there is a way. After trying for all most a year submitted documents for citizenship in the first week of June 2019. Total 5 trips to Sakharov. Few tips which will help you in the process.

Documents submitted on the basis of marriage:

# Application 2 Sets

# Photos 3

# Passport notarized translated

# Copy/Xerox of Permanent Stay вида на жительство

# Payment Original 3500

# Marriage Certificate notarized translated.
    Be careful some inspectors donít accept Consular/Russian Embassy Stamped document they need Appostiled document I had both so I had no problem.
    I argued but it was of no use so they found other mistake & had to head back for a new appointment.

# 2 Ndfl of 2018 & 2019 present month. Take every time new issued certificates I mean present 2 or 3 days before youíll apply.

# Wifeís passport notarized copy (Do carry the original as they did check the passport)

# Name change certificate of Wife/spouse from zag/marriage department as she changed name after marriage

# Statement informing the concerned Embassy about applying for Russian Citizenship. Xerox/copy notarized + conformation of sending via post

# Embassy letter stating names & surname. I had to produce it as in my birth & marriage certificate it is not specified as name & surname. The full name & surname is written together. Notarized translated even though it was in Russian as Inspectors wanted it to be done

# Russian Language Certificate Original

# Inn notarized Copy

- I recommend do carry all documents related to you and your family as I always carry never know depends on the mood of the Inspectors. They
    checked my birth certificate & Childs birth certificate they never took any copies.

- Make different versions of application every time Inspectors makes a correction or if you doubt of any changes in application.

- Match all documents with name, country etc should be the same in all documents.

Good luck and all the best. Hope the information will help...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ferns1john For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (17-06-2019), BigBear (17-06-2019), DiscoverLearn (17-06-2019), Hizam4747 (17-06-2019), xt-tsi (18-06-2019)

# Photos 3

would it worth mentioning the size of the photos,( they know where they take the photos?) i believe they should be color, not shiny but - matt- and not cut? also no sunglasses ( i have -chameleon- glasses that were dark when the pics were taken, they were rejected), no head cover. and not smile like a whole - cheesecake-...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hizam4747 (17-06-2019)

# Wife’s passport notarized copy (Do carry the original as they did check the passport)
    It's a good idea to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    # Photos 3
    i believe they should be color, not shiny but - matt- and not cut?
    I think most photographers know about it but they do cut it according to the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    # Photos 3

would it worth mentioning the size of the photos,( they know where they take the photos?) i believe they should be color, not shiny but - matt- and not cut? also no sunglasses ( i have -chameleon- glasses that were dark when the pics were taken, they were rejected), no head cover. and not smile like a whole - cheesecake-...

матовые, размером (3см х 4см) (3,5 x 4,5) I had both colored but they took (3см х 4см). When you click photos tell them it’s for citizenship. I didn’t cut the photos the inspector told me to cut them. Their wish is my command. All depends on their mood that’s the funniest joke I have observed in Sakharov.

Quote Originally Posted by ferns1john View Post
    Where there is a will there is a way. After trying for all most a year submitted documents for citizenship in the first week of June 2019. Total 5 trips to Sakharov. Few tips which will help you in the process.

Documents submitted on the basis of marriage:

# Application 2 Sets

# Photos 3

# Passport notarized translated

# Copy/Xerox of Permanent Stay вида на жительство

# Payment Original 3500

# Marriage Certificate notarized translated.
    Be careful some inspectors don’t accept Consular/Russian Embassy Stamped document they need Appostiled document I had both so I had no problem.
    I argued but it was of no use so they found other mistake & had to head back for a new appointment.

# 2 Ndfl of 2018 & 2019 present month. Take every time new issued certificates I mean present 2 or 3 days before you’ll apply.

# Wife’s passport notarized copy (Do carry the original as they did check the passport)

# Name change certificate of Wife/spouse from zag/marriage department as she changed name after marriage

# Statement informing the concerned Embassy about applying for Russian Citizenship. Xerox/copy notarized + conformation of sending via post

# Embassy letter stating names & surname. I had to produce it as in my birth & marriage certificate it is not specified as name & surname. The full name & surname is written together. Notarized translated even though it was in Russian as Inspectors wanted it to be done

# Russian Language Certificate Original

# Inn notarized Copy

- I recommend do carry all documents related to you and your family as I always carry never know depends on the mood of the Inspectors. They
    checked my birth certificate & Childs birth certificate they never took any copies.

- Make different versions of application every time Inspectors makes a correction or if you doubt of any changes in application.

- Match all documents with name, country etc should be the same in all documents.

Good luck and all the best. Hope the information will help...
    Thanks for the info! I plan to do this in the new year. What is your embassy? Was the letter in Russian? I'm Canadian. Whenever I've thought this over it seemed like Sakharovo must think it's strange to send a letter in Russian to the Canadian Embassy, or are they cool with that?

Quote Originally Posted by JonLDS View Post
    Thanks for the info! I plan to do this in the new year. What is your embassy? Was the letter in Russian? I'm Canadian. Whenever I've thought this over it seemed like Sakharovo must think it's strange to send a letter in Russian to the Canadian Embassy, or are they cool with that?
    Your Welcome. Good luck with the procedure be positive. I am holding Indian passport so I sent the Embassy letter Original (Russian Language) about applying for citizenship as India doesn’t allow dual citizenship.
    Canadian and Russia gives dual citizenship. Depends you want to send the letter or not? Logically send the letter or if you want don’t send it, just send a post card I doubt Russian authorities are checking with the concerned embassy. End of the day if anyone wants to surrender passport/citizenship there is total different procedure to follow according to the concerned embassy. Hope you get the point.

If you are talking about the citizenship letter, you are required use a standard form that your notary will provide to you. Two copies are made. One ostensibly goes to your embassy. A notarized copy of this letter is submitted with your application along with a receipt from the post office confirming it was sent to your embassy as a заказное письмо.

Ferns1john is correct, though. Nothing needs to be sent to your embassy. Only the envelope. I sent an empty one. The post office was confused.