littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: no more AVAST VPN in Russia

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    19,658
    Thanked: 4199

    no more AVAST VPN in Russia

    i just copied and pasted it into Yandex transalte and will post the english translation here...

    Recently, Roskomnadzor demanded from Avast and other VPN providers operating in Russia, assistance in restricting access to Internet resources from the blacklist established in 2012, as a result of which it would be impossible to access blocked sites even with the help of VPN.

    At Avast, however, we believe that everyone has the right to freedom on the Internet and should use it at their own discretion. We understand that by giving in to the requirements of Roskomnadzor, we will violate our own principles and will not bring any benefit to users. Therefore, Avast will not fulfill the requirements of Roskomnadzor about censorship, and therefore will no longer provide Avast SecureLine VPN in Russia.

    Unfortunately, this means that you will not be able to renew your Avast SecureLine VPN subscription after it expires. But until then, you can use this program without complications. If you are currently subscribed to a VPN trial period, an automatic charge will occur at the end of the trial period and you will also be able to use the VPN until the license expires. Please note: you will no longer be able to connect to servers located in Russia.

    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

    suppose that will happen to other VPNs as well? or will they just quietly give in, share ll the details and -no one - will know?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    rusmeister (14-06-2019)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,641
    Thanked: 569
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    suppose that will happen to other VPNs as well?
    Yes, had happen to TunnelBear VPN too, so other will most likely follow.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (13-06-2019)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanked: 86
    It's likely that all foreign VPNs will not comply and therefore will cease their VPN services in Russia. The only VPN that I know that complies with Roskomnadzor is Kaspersky as the company is based in Moscow.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    19,658
    Thanked: 4199
    to be honest, i could not care less. I tried, i do not know how many VPNs, i wanted to watch Austrian TV which has the best programs and films - available in Austria only-. and not one, not one of all these VPNs lastet more then a week. then the ORF, the broadcasting corporation..., had -me - found out and the VPN was blocked..fair enough, each and every one returned the money. but that is not the idea...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanked: 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    to be honest, i could not care less. I tried, i do not know how many VPNs, i wanted to watch Austrian TV which has the best programs and films - available in Austria only-. and not one, not one of all these VPNs lastet more then a week. then the ORF, the broadcasting corporation..., had -me - found out and the VPN was blocked..fair enough, each and every one returned the money. but that is not the idea...
    Your best bet is to lease a server at a data center somewhere and install VPN software on it. It's very unlikely it will be blocked since it's not advertised to the public. I have my own servers with VPN in two different countries and it's still working. Keep in mind that many companies have their own VPN servers for internal network between their offices in different countries and they don't use NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc. If VPN providers publicly advertise their servers ip addresses then it'll get blocked by Roskomnadzor.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

    Hans.KK (14-06-2019)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    19,658
    Thanked: 4199
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Your best bet is to lease a server at a data center somewhere and install VPN software on it. It's very unlikely it will be blocked since it's not advertised to the public. I have my own servers with VPN in two different countries and it's still working. Keep in mind that many companies have their own VPN servers for internal network between their offices in different countries and they don't use NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc. If VPN providers publicly advertise their servers ip addresses then it'll get blocked by Roskomnadzor.
    Remington the problem was not here in Russia but at the Broadcasting Station in Austria.they have software installed that will, after a week or so, sniff out any VPN..Even one i nGermany, if you want to watch Austrian TV... But since many are co productions with Germany or Switzerland, i just go to their mediathek and most of the things i can get from them. Nat Geo and the likes that are translated for the -german market - i just get me the original...but in the end, sometimes sooner, sometimes after a month or so, everything gets onto youtube anyway....VPN or not, befor a program starts they always have 3 minutes advertising.THAT i can watch...when i wrote to them, they repleid,advertising - inserts-come from a different source, no geoblocking or -copyright issues - there. because with every click they make money... KAPITALISTS at its best!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanked: 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Remington the problem was not here in Russia but at the Broadcasting Station in Austria.they have software installed that will, after a week or so, sniff out any VPN..Even one i nGermany, if you want to watch Austrian TV... But since many are co productions with Germany or Switzerland, i just go to their mediathek and most of the things i can get from them. Nat Geo and the likes that are translated for the -german market - i just get me the original...but in the end, sometimes sooner, sometimes after a month or so, everything gets onto youtube anyway....VPN or not, befor a program starts they always have 3 minutes advertising.THAT i can watch...when i wrote to them, they repleid,advertising - inserts-come from a different source, no geoblocking or -copyright issues - there. because with every click they make money... KAPITALISTS at its best!
    They analyzes where the VPN connection is coming from and if found to be connected to ExpressVPN, etc. then it gets blocked. Many content providers do this even Netflix, Amazon, etc. I use my own servers and I don't have problem with viewing contents from US as I have server in US. I would suggest you to lease a server in Austria and install VPN on it or find Austrian VPN provider.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •