littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: In-Country Minimum Residency Requirements for TRP & PRP

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

In-Country Minimum Residency Requirements for TRP & PRP

Hello,

How long are you required to live in Russia, minimum, to maintain your TRP or PRP?

I thought I'd heard it's minimum cumulative 6 months out of the year, but that seems a bit much and in the recent thread about the new TRP process for spouses of Russian citizens, it sounded like the requirement is actually minimum one day in country every six months?

Can any one confirm which is correct? And if you've got a link to (or the name of) the relevant law, that would be awesome, too.

Thanks in advance!!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

This is a matter of some debate. I've been advised by the Migration Officials and a couple of Russian lawyers that someone with a TRP or PRP needs to be in the country six months out of every year. In my own case, I was in country 183 days per year when I had the TRP because I lived here anyway, and I wanted to maintain my tax status as a resident. I've heard this rule wasn't very strictly enforced, though and it was possible to come in for a day every six months without residency being cancelled. I realize is hearsay, though, and not very helpful.

There has, however, some changes. The PRP is about to become permanent. Once you get it, you keep it as long as you maintain residency in Russia. As before, a yearly report will need to be made to the migration officials showing your income and number of days you are in Russia per the stamps in your passport. This permanent PRP will be introduced in the fall of this year.

I have heard that with the permanent PRP, a requirement to be in the country six months out of every year will be enforced. This is referenced in the media but I have not been able to find the new law, though. Looked for it, couldn't track it down. Maybe you can?

https://www.kp.ru/daily/26974/4032068/
    https://ria.ru/20190102/1548992667.html
    https://www.serbskoeslovo.ru/vid-na-...tvo-v-rf/2965/

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-06-2019), Hans.KK (13-06-2019), Hizam4747 (13-06-2019), nicklcool (15-06-2019), RooRu (13-06-2019)

I haven't seen any residency requirement in any official documents. All I've ever seen in the law is that if you are outside Russia for 6 or more months consecutively, you may lose TRP or PRP.

one thing is for sure. i play it on the safe side. 180 days in the country....because at the OBM where i live, Strogino, they check every stamp and every paper...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

According to the current law and its official interpretation posted on the official web site of Moscow MVD migration department – uninterrupted 6 months which means that you are allowed to actually live abroad and come back to Russian at least for one day every six month, so cumulative six months within the year interpretation currently is not officially used at least in Moscow. I think in most of the regions of RF currently the same approach.

In the new law you cumulative more strict approach will be applied.

Вид на жительство иностранному гражданину аннулируется, если он находится за пределами России больше шести месяцев. Как считается этот срок?
    20 Января 2017 15:53
    В соответствии с пп. 11 п. 1 ст. 9 Федерального закона О правовом положении иностранных граждан в РФ от 25.07.2002 года № 115-ФЗ вид на жительство иностранному гражданину не выдается, а ранее выданный вид на жительство аннулируется, если иностранный гражданин находится за пределами Российской Федерации более шести месяцев.
    В данном случае принимается во внимание непрерывное пребывание за границей.

https://77.xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/ms/%D0.../item/9293998/

In the new law (which will have final third hearing tomorrow 23072019 and may come into force by the end of this year) cumulative more strict approach will be applied: you will be allowed to be out of the country no more than 6 month cumulatively during each calendar year:

Проект № 709474-7
    в третьем чтении
    ФЕДЕРАЛЬНЫЙ ЗАКОН
    О внесении изменений в Федеральный закон О правовом положении иностранных граждан в Российской Федерации
    в части упрощения порядка предоставления некоторым категориям иностранных граждан и лиц без гражданства разрешения на временное проживание и вида на жительство
    4) в статье 9:
    а) в пункте 1:
    подпункт 11 изложить в следующей редакции:

11) находился за пределами Российской Федерации более шести месяцев суммарно в течение календарного года, за исключением случаев отсутствия возможности покинуть территорию иностранного государства по обстоятельствам, связанным с необходимостью экстренного лечения, тяжелой болезнью данного иностранного гражданина или
    со смертью его близкого родственника, проживавшего на момент смерти в иностранном государстве, а также случаев нахождения иностранного гражданина за пределами Российской Федерации в связи со служебной необходимостью;;

https://sozd.duma.gov.ru/bill/709474-7

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rosstis For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (22-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by rosstis View Post
    According to the current law and its official interpretation posted on the official web site of Moscow MVD migration department – uninterrupted 6 months which means that you are allowed to actually live abroad and come back to Russian at least for one day every six month, so cumulative six months within the year interpretation currently is not officially used at least in Moscow. I think in most of the regions of RF currently the same approach.

In the new law you cumulative more strict approach will be applied.

Вид на жительство иностранному гражданину аннулируется, если он находится за пределами России больше шести месяцев. Как считается этот срок?
    20 Января 2017 15:53
    В соответствии с пп. 11 п. 1 ст. 9 Федерального закона О правовом положении иностранных граждан в РФ от 25.07.2002 года № 115-ФЗ вид на жительство иностранному гражданину не выдается, а ранее выданный вид на жительство аннулируется, если иностранный гражданин находится за пределами Российской Федерации более шести месяцев.
    В данном случае принимается во внимание непрерывное пребывание за границей.

https://77.xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/ms/%D0.../item/9293998/

In the new law (which will have final third hearing tomorrow 23072019 and may come into force by the end of this year) cumulative more strict approach will be applied: you will be allowed to be out of the country no more than 6 month cumulatively during each calendar year:

Проект № 709474-7
    в третьем чтении
    ФЕДЕРАЛЬНЫЙ ЗАКОН
    О внесении изменений в Федеральный закон О правовом положении иностранных граждан в Российской Федерации
    в части упрощения порядка предоставления некоторым категориям иностранных граждан и лиц без гражданства разрешения на временное проживание и вида на жительство
    4) в статье 9:
    а) в пункте 1:
    подпункт 11 изложить в следующей редакции:

11) находился за пределами Российской Федерации более шести месяцев суммарно в течение календарного года, за исключением случаев отсутствия возможности покинуть территорию иностранного государства по обстоятельствам, связанным с необходимостью экстренного лечения, тяжелой болезнью данного иностранного гражданина или
    со смертью его близкого родственника, проживавшего на момент смерти в иностранном государстве, а также случаев нахождения иностранного гражданина за пределами Российской Федерации в связи со служебной необходимостью;;

https://sozd.duma.gov.ru/bill/709474-7
    Is it true that according to the new law , Spouses and Children of the Russian citizens can directly apply for the Permanent Resident Permit?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Is it true that according to the new law , Spouses and Children of the Russian citizens can directly apply for the Permanent Resident Permit?
    Not exactly true. According to new draft law not spouses but children and parents of the Russian citizens can directly (without TRP) apply for the Permanent Resident Permit provided however this Russian citizens must have permanent residence in Russia (probably it means permanent registration).

ФЕДЕРАЛЬНЫЙ ЗАКОН

Принят Государственной Думой 23 июля 2019 года
    3) статью 8 изложить в следующей редакции:
    Статья 8. Постоянное проживание иностранных граждан
    в Российской Федерации

1. Вид на жительство может быть выдан иностранному гражданину, прожившему в Российской Федерации не менее одного года на основании разрешения на временное проживание.
    2. Без получения разрешения на временное проживание вид
    на жительство выдается:
    4) иностранному гражданину, имеющему родителя (усыновителя, опекуна, попечителя), сына или дочь, состоящих в гражданстве Российской Федерации и постоянно проживающих в Российской Федерации;

Also if you have such permanently residing in Russia Russian children or parents, you will not need to pass Russian, history and law test.
    Today the new draft law was accepted in its final third reading by the Duma. Hopefully soon it will be accepted by the higher chamber of the Parliament and will be signed by the President.