littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the biggest polit scandal in Austria since many years...might be the end of the FP?

the biggest polit scandal in Austria since many years...might be the end of the FP?

https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/poli...uren/380494096

and of course there had to be a -Russian - in it. fake or not, a Russian it must be. -Journalists are the biggest prostitutes around -. it shows, power corrupts. And the more power the more Korruption. Not only in Russia or South America,Africa or North Korea. Also in -my- oh so nice, so clean, so perfect little Alpenrepublik. Or as Kanzler Bruno Kreisky used to say many years ago, and people still believe it is so that little Austria is the - Insel der Seligen - ( Island of the blessed). That was long ago. NOW they have - proportionwise- more corruption, more wheeling and dealing, then any country that I mentioned above.
    but this time it can not be swept under the carpet. and it is business as usual. business between friends - Freunderlwirtschaft - it is being called. Since there IS no corruption in Austria.... And heads will roll for sure.good so!clean out, but clean out good and for good, the dirty Augers stables.
    Of course the people mentioned in this article (party contributors....) are back pedaling furiously and denying everything. Forgetting their affiliation with the the party or their leaders is being well known and even better documented.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

the news say it was a set up to get onto the FP.someone wanted an end to the whole party, not just Strache.and all the -investigations - could not find out a single thing who that - cousin of a Russian oligarch was-, but that these guys are so stupid, surprises me. Strache said for instance, the - woman- should set up a company like Strabag. And SHE will get all the building contracts. Strabag is a construction company, BIG, something like INGEOKOM, of Baturina fame. But these guys should know that Oleg Deripaska is a big shareholder in that company. so the Austrians could get even bigger in Russia. And Oleg could get into Austria. Now that he will not have destroyed, never mind who it is. I think what we see so far is only the tip of the iceberg. Kurz our Kanzler will have most probably new elections this fall, the Austrians are clamoring for it. at least the ones who are pushing for the ouster of the FP.. And the party will be left as a fringe...But there is still another scenario, and nothing would surprise me anymore. Remember Kurt Waldheim. The Austrian s elected him president, because NO ONE SHOULD TELL US WHAT WE DO.And that could be with that party as well. she will climb out of the ashes like Phoenix, stronger the never. Plenty of right wing support ( not Nazi or that crap), anti Immigrants, anti -blacks-, anti - the immigrants commit so much crime-, it will be a hot summer....

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    People sat on this info for awhile and just before the EU election released the video, who gains from this?
    I don't think it's the work of the opposition, do they play dirty like this in the uncorrupted heart of the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    People sat on this info for awhile and just before the EU election released the video, who gains from this?
    I don't think it's the work of the opposition, do they play dirty like this in the uncorrupted heart of the EU?
    so far it is not quite sure who was it.but it was a sep up. but one thing is for sure. for this kind of -leaders - there is no place in Austria. The Kanzler already ordered new elections for September. And a few heads will roll. If these guys are so stupid and primitive and powergeil, good riddance. Strache though might be able to stay in politics, maybe even stay head of the FP in Vienna....The fish will be cleaned from the tail up, that is for sure...

The difference between THEN and NOW is that now we (the public, the "little people" the "cake-eaters" ) are finding out about this stuff, whether it happens in Moscow, Washington or Vienna.

Thank you whistleblowers, and thank you, Wikileaks, and thank you Julian Assange and Edward Snowden, et al...

In the internet age, no one can hide, and this includes, most importantly, the government...
    The Snowflakes are even Stupider than We Were!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (20-05-2019), rusmeister (22-05-2019)

But i think the name - whistleblower - is wrong. or maybe it means somethign different to me. not having English as my native language? to me it means something negative, sneaky? but indeed, things will come to light sooner or later. hopefully sooner then later.

According to the "sddeutsche Zeitung" had spent the Ibiza-conversation partner of the now retired FP Vice-Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache and Ex-FP-club Chairman Johann Gudenus in the year 2017, under the name of Alyona Makarova as the niece of Igor Makarov.
    Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov did not "want to comment on Monday, the" Ibiza-Video", because it has nothing to do with Russia, the President or the government. We do not know who this woman is, whether she is Russian nationality or origin," he added in Moscow.
    In the Video, Oligarch Igor Makarov told the Russian edition of the "Forbes"magazine on Sunday that he was a single child and had "no relationship" with the woman in the Video, which he did not know.По данным "Южной немецкой газеты", в 2017 году под именем Алены Макаровой в качестве племянницы Игоря Макарова выступили собеседники бывшего вице-канцлера ФРГ Хайнца-Кристиана Штрахе и экс-клуба FP Иоганна Гудена.
    Пресс-секретарь Кремля Дмитрий Песков в понедельник не хотел комментировать "видео Ибицы", потому что это не имеет ничего общего с Россией, президентом или правительством. To, to, to", - to.
    Упомянутый в видео олигарх Игорь Макаров сказал российскому изданию журнала"Forbes" в воскресенье, что он единственный ребенок и не имеет" никакого отношения " к женщине в видео, которое он не знает.

I did a quick copy-paste - translate from a german newspaper. left the russian language also. in the meantime the news, the FP Austrian Foreign Minister KIKL was not - fired- or better, as it is also done in Russia - asked to resign-. Therefore the rest of the party will also stay and not resign, as they had threatened to do. A big sign of weakness from Kanzler Kurz... Though, fair enough, one is guilty only if one is either found out or being convicted by a court of law. the rest of the time it is the - Unschuldsvermutung -. Thought innocent until proven guilty... And - guilt by association - (one could translate as Sippenhaft) went out after the Aquarell Painter had shot himself. There might be indeed a few good politicians around in the FP and suppose there is no need to punish them for the wrong doing of one louse?The article also said, STRACHE, the man who was found out, lost 100k -friends over the weekend on Facebook. Wonder if this were the real friends or the bought ones?the servers must have worked overtime, handling all the cancellations. Zuckerberg will not be amused? or does he care? he has millions more...who click, like, give thumbs up, watch advertising and increase his takings.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    The article also said, STRACHE, the man who was found out, lost 100k -friends over the weekend on Facebook.
    That's all you should know about so called "social netzwerk"

When CEO of our company was detained, then arrested in connection with corruption-suspicious deals with Defense Ministry, immediate reaction even from competitors was - hey, guys, any details? If not, how can we help? Any action from us needed? If no, don't hesitate to call later, and we all hope for the good end.
    2 months later he was released to home arrest, investigation is still ongoing, but seems to be easened/cleaned soon, as no direct evidences or proofs of corruption were found.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    But i think the name - whistleblower - is wrong. or maybe it means somethign different to me. not having English as my native language? to me it means something negative, sneaky? but indeed, things will come to light sooner or later. hopefully sooner then later.
    The term basically refers to whistles that referees or police used, and is mostly positive. Compare to informer or snitch. Supposedly ralph Nader coined modern use of term.

Also vaguely recalls whistles (before electronics) that would be used in factories and industrial to signal work stoppage for reasons of danger. I don't know if that's an actual origin of the term but the image comes to mind for English speakers.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (21-05-2019), FatAndy (21-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    Also vaguely recalls whistles (before electronics) that would be used in factories and industrial to signal work stoppage for reasons of danger.
    In USSR I remember whistles only in sport command games like football, volleyball, basketball... and militsia/GAI, yes - those blessed times when they kept a cucumber in a holster 8-)
    In industry / transports there were used toots / sirens / howlers / bells.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    In USSR I remember whistles only in sport command games like football, volleyball, basketball... and militsia/GAI, yes - those blessed times when they kept a cucumber in a holster 8-)
    In industry / transports there were used toots / sirens / howlers / bells.
    This would be from time period with steam powered equipment.

USSR sort of electrified and industrialized at the same time.

And I think what you're calling toots would just be whistles in English.

The term basically refers to whistles that referees or police used, and is mostly positive. Compare to informer or snitch. Supposedly ralph Nader coined modern use of term.

Also vaguely recalls whistles (before electronics) that would be used in factories and industrial to signal work stoppage for reasons of danger. I don't know if that's an actual origin of the term but the image comes to mind for English speakers.
    Actually, I think it is more likely to originate from a whistle being blown by a referee alerting those to a foul play or an illegality, similarly Police whistles being blown at transgressors or those breaking the civil law (Traffic violations etc)............
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Actually, I think it is more likely to originate from a whistle being blown by a referee alerting those to a foul play or an illegality, similarly Police whistles being blown at transgressors or those breaking the civil law (Traffic violations etc)............
    Isn't that what I wrote? Perhaps you missed the first para there.

Originates with that, but evokes image of factory whistles.

Isn't that what I wrote? Perhaps you missed the first para there.

Originates with that, but evokes image of factory whistles.
    I did read what you had typed, but was somewhat confused by what you had posted with regards to being 'positive'!

You typed: The term basically refers to whistles that referees or police used, and is mostly positive.
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

how much more primitive can - could that have been...https://www.krone.at/1927731
    the article claims that the Spiegel and the German newspaper who posted the video first, showed only part of it. these parts that they thought will be of - public interest and interesting for our readers -. one of the clowns who got caught out ( Gudenus) claims now that he has no re collection what he had done or said, or what happened to him over these few hours. -maybe i was knocked out with KO drops or other psychedelic substances-. wonder what will be next? he was bound and gadded, bound to a chair and made listen to all this? Gudenus is backpedalling as fast as he can. trying to save his skin. much good does it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast