littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Law Perpetual PRP

Quote Originally Posted by Indorus View Post

Elderly parents from tropical countries like mine usually prefer to not battle Russian winters, hence may not be able to spend full 6 months in RF to retain this ‘smooth’ PRP....Some concessions on that front, (at least for elderly) would have been a great help ...!
    Like everywhere else permanent residency isn’t a multiple entry visa. You can always invite your parents on a private visa during warm months.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiscoverLearn For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (09-09-2019), Hans.KK (09-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Like everywhere else permanent residency isn’t a multiple entry visa. You can always invite your parents on a private visa during warm months.
    that 180 days rules applies in other countries as well. Russia is no exception to that. and -others- also make no exception for - elderly people and parents -. so, all over sudden, why Russia should? and one thing is for sure. i never have seen 6 month SUMMER or 6 month WINTER, at least not here in Moscow....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    that 180 days rules applies in other countries as well. Russia is no exception to that. and -others- also make no exception for - elderly people and parents -. so, all over sudden, why Russia should? and one thing is for sure. i never have seen 6 month SUMMER or 6 month WINTER, at least not here in Moscow....
    Exactly my point. I’ve seen instances where residences getting cancelled due to excessive traveling. Around the world quite few people misuse it for the medical benefits.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DiscoverLearn For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (10-09-2019)

Private visa for most nations are not more than 3 months ....Only US citizens get 6 months stay on their 3 yr visa...AND even that could also change if US immigration authorities start granting visa for lesser duration AND Russian authorities retaliate in kind !!

For elderly people from tropics, May 1st to Sep end are the best month in Russia...beyond that it depends on the year !! So, in that context restrictions (183 day must stay) are sometimes hard to comply but not impossible !! if they grant 6 months visa ...nothing like that !

True ....But there are alternatives....like Canada issues super visa for longer duration....like 6 months to one year !!

Well, it’s November, and no news about the new law. Anyone hear anything?

A friend of mine in St P renewed his PRP recently and was told (at the end of September) that the new procedure will be fairly simple: notarised translation of passport, 2 pics, form, receipt for fee payable. It's definitely happening - https://rg.ru/2019/10/31/inostrannye...hitelstvo.html - but I can't see anything on the Sakharovo website just yet.

but I can't see anything on the Sakharovo website just yet.[/QUOTE]

suppose THERE it will be at the last moment possible. after all they will lose lots of money when no one needs to come for a new PRP every 5 years...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I looked around and learned the регламент (instructions) for putting this new law into effect haven't been issued yet. Nothing surprising...this is Russia. Anyone who needs to get their VNZh extended right now will have to take a copy of the law down to the Migration Center at Sakharovo and butt heads with the inspectors. Otherwise, just wait. Soon enough the instructions will be issued. Of course anyone with an VNZh doesn't have to get a new one until the current residency status runs out, a point that has probably already been made.

A friend of mine with meager Russian language skills needs to extend his residency status fairly soon. I'm following this for him and if I learn anything, will post it.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (07-11-2019), Hizam4747 (07-11-2019), rusmeister (07-11-2019)

Maybe it's a worthwhile to check at the FB page of Migration Center (Sakharovo)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DiscoverLearn For This Useful Post:

Armoured (07-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Maybe it's a worthwhile to check at the FB page of Migration Center (Sakharovo)
    This post seems to have info on what is needed. Says "Пакет документов для получения бессрочного вида на жительство взамен имеющего вида на жительство минимален:" (list follows).
    https://www.facebook.com/moscowmigra...069?__tn__=K-R

This seems to imply that the forms one needs to applied have not changed.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (07-11-2019), Judge (08-11-2019), xp@ (07-11-2019)

Thanks, very useful!

The post say the application for the permanent residency visa should be issued in an open format ("составленное в произвольной форме"). In other words, the applicant prepares the application as he or she decides. That's a new one!!! Here is the full wording in Russian and as translated by the Migration Center Facebook page:

Пакет документов для получения бессрочного вида на жительство взамен имеющего вида на жительство минимален:

- заявление о выдаче вида на жительство, составленное в произвольной форме;

The Package of documents for obtaining permanent residence permit is minimal:

- application for a residence permit issued in arbitrary form;

If someone had to apply for the permanent residency permit today, I suppose the thing to do would be to use the old forms and give it a try. And also have a lawyer write up the application and refer to these instructions.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Armoured (08-11-2019), Hans.KK (08-11-2019), Judge (08-11-2019)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Interesting link which armoured posted , I've got вида на жительство and I'm over 45, looks like few documents needed to apply for new вида на жительство,lingo test isn't needed cos I received mine after 2015,up for renewal in 2021.
    From my understanding it won't be for just 5 years, for as long as we wanna stay here, sounds all good.
    I might get an application and pop down and see how this all goes.

Next week I'll visit Vadim ,get all docs in order and visit this centre, hopefully all handed in, in one day ,
    The way will come when few documents are needed and all done with just one visit.
    Great info from all, thanks.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Armoured (08-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Thanks, very useful!

The post say the application for the permanent residency visa should be issued in an open format ("составленное в произвольной форме"). In other words, the applicant prepares the application as he or she decides. That's a new one!!! Here is the full wording in Russian and as translated by the Migration Center Facebook page:

Пакет документов для получения бессрочного вида на жительство взамен имеющего вида на жительство минимален:

- заявление о выдаче вида на жительство, составленное в произвольной форме;

The Package of documents for obtaining permanent residence permit is minimal:

- application for a residence permit issued in arbitrary form;

If someone had to apply for the permanent residency permit today, I suppose the thing to do would be to use the old forms and give it a try. And also have a lawyer write up the application and refer to these instructions.
    Thank you, I had missed that reference to the 'arbitrary' application form. That's actually pretty important.

I think the term of art in English for "proizvolniy" is free-form. In practice 'arbitrary' may be more accurate.

On the one hand, that is an invitation for huge pains in the derrière as every inspector will have a different idea of what is sufficient and you may end up running back and forth numerous times.

On the other, it at least opens the door to the possibility of not providing documentation that's not actually relevant to your application type. Granted every inspector can make trouble if they decide to insist on certain things, but at least some of the time bureaucrats everywhere are more likely to back down when there's a law that makes some things are not dependent on others. (Last time I looked at the form it required e.g. documentation on all education with notarised translations, which on its own is time-consuming).

Shared experience from others welcome.

I also noticed Zaharovo / Sakharovo is offering 'paid consultations' - seemingly from their own people, not some dodgy third party firm - but I can't see any info on cost or what they actually provide. I'm probably missing something on their website, but if anyone has more info, would potentially be useful.

Nice info.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast