littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Law Perpetual PRP

New Law Perpetual PRP

Interesting news.

Yesterday the Government submitted a bill to the Duma, according to which:

a) a perpetual residence permit is introduced. It will not be necessary to renew every 5 years.
    Old one will be valid until the its initial term or extension. It can be replaced by a new perpetual one, by paying a state duty of 5,000 rubles.

For foreigners who have children with Russian citizenship and residence in Russia, it will be possible to immediately apply for a residence permit, bypassing the RVP procedure and without passing the exam in Russian and history.
    It seems that it will be possible to confirm the residence through the Internet every year.

But there is one bad news - serious tightening: now, having a residence permit, you can continuously be absent for 6 months, that is, you can come to Russia for 1 day during a year and go abroad again and do not annul the residence permit, and under the new law it will be possible no more than 6 months year totally, otherwise annulled.

When it will be accepted, and whether they will make changes to the draft in the Duma, it is not known. The media wrote that they were going to introduce a law on a perpetual residence permit by the fall. In addition, the government and the Ministry of Interior after the entry into force of the bill will have to make changes to their regulations which will require extra time.
    So, with an optimistic forecast, everything can earn in the fall and winter of this year or early next year.

The fate of the consideration of the bill can be viewed on the website:

https://sozd.duma.gov.ru/bill/709474-7

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rosstis For This Useful Post:

Armoured (17-07-2019), Benedikt (16-05-2019), bydand (16-05-2019), Hizam4747 (23-05-2019), johnsimpson (04-09-2019), Judge (16-05-2019), nicklcool (16-05-2019), rusmeister (16-05-2019), xp@ (16-05-2019)

So in other words, under the new law, with the permanent PRP you have to be in the country six months out of the year. Right?

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    WOW!!!! , if this law passes, would make life much easier for many of us in Russia,and for others who would like to live here.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Hizam4747 (23-05-2019), johnsimpson (04-09-2019), rusmeister (16-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    WOW!!!! , if this law passes, would make life much easier for many of us in Russia,and for others who would like to live here.
    i think it will pass! but dont forget you still have to go every year to the local OMS- FMS-OVIR-WHATEVER NAME they will think off, to renew your local registration ( that is the place where you get that white stub for your PRP...)
    So far when renewing your PRP was a piece of cake. But the registration of the extension was a headache. Agreement of all people who are registered or are owners of -your- place. Bank letter, copies of this and that. with the new law all that will fall away? would be great indeed.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Wait, the biggest news for me here is that, you only have to live in country for minimum one day every six months, under the current PRP/TRP? I thought the Russians were stricter than the Americans, and you have to live in Russian for a minimum of a cumulative six months within the year??
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Wait, the biggest news for me here is that, you only have to live in country for minimum one day every six months, under the current PRP/TRP? I thought the Russians were stricter than the Americans, and you have to live in Russian for a minimum of a cumulative six months within the year??
    your post is correct. there is somewhere a misunderstanding it seems to me.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    your post is correct. there is somewhere a misunderstanding it seems to me.
    I understood this current law can be interpreted differently by regional FMS. I know Moscow is strictly 6 months total in/out per year but other regions are flexible like visiting Russia for one day every 6 months.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (17-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    I understood this current law can be interpreted differently by regional FMS. I know Moscow is strictly 6 months total in/out per year but other regions are flexible like visiting Russia for one day every 6 months.
    According to the current law and its official interpretation posted on the official web site of Moscow MVD migration department – uninterrupted 6 months which means that you are allowed to actually live abroad and come back to Russian at least for one day every six month, so cumulative six months within the year interpretation currently is not officially used at least in Moscow. I think in most of the regions of RF currently the same approach.

In the new law you cumulative more strict approach will be applied.

Вид на жительство иностранному гражданину аннулируется, если он находится за пределами России больше шести месяцев. Как считается этот срок?
    20 Января 2017 15:53
    В соответствии с пп. 11 п. 1 ст. 9 Федерального закона «О правовом положении иностранных граждан в РФ» от 25.07.2002 года № 115-ФЗ «вид на жительство иностранному гражданину не выдается, а ранее выданный вид на жительство аннулируется, если иностранный гражданин находится за пределами Российской Федерации более шести месяцев».
    В данном случае принимается во внимание непрерывное пребывание за границей.

https://77.xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/ms/%D0.../item/9293998/

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i think it will pass! but dont forget you still have to go every year to the local OMS- FMS-OVIR-WHATEVER NAME they will think off, to renew your local registration ( that is the place where you get that white stub for your PRP...)
    So far when renewing your PRP was a piece of cake. But the registration of the extension was a headache. Agreement of all people who are registered or are owners of -your- place. Bank letter, copies of this and that. with the new law all that will fall away? would be great indeed.
    I think the new law with unlimited PRP will allow to have permanent and unlimited registration similar to the one which have Russian citizens. The only requrement will be to file annual notice (form) confirming the residency which is not difficult now. May be it will be allowed to file it via internet, and only once every 5 years personally at MVD (MFC) office (according to this bill). We will see how it will be in reality. The reality may be different . So far nobody knows exactly.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosstis For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-07-2019), xt-tsi (17-05-2019)

Рассмотрение законопроекта Государственной Думой
    принять законопроект во втором чтении
    6545-7 ГД

https://sozd.duma.gov.ru/bill/709474-7

Today State Duma (the parlament) adopted the draft new law in the second reading. There are high chances that it will be adopted in the final third reading soon and finally adpoted and sgned by the President by the end of the Summer or in Autumn. In this case it may probably come into force by the end of this year -beginning of next year.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rosstis For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-07-2019), bydand (18-07-2019), johnsimpson (05-09-2019), rusmeister (17-07-2019), xp@ (17-07-2019)

https://ria.ru/20190802/1557128273.html
    http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Docu...24&rangeSize=1

The law will come into force on 1 November this year! Please be carefull with your trips abroad in order not to be absent totally more than 6 moths during this year otherwise your PRP will be recognized null and void!!!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rosstis For This Useful Post:

johnsimpson (05-09-2019), Judge (02-08-2019), rusmeister (03-08-2019)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Rosstis, thanks a lot for keeping us all updated.

The law also introduces the practice of granting an unlimited residence permit. Currently, as a general rule, it is issued only for five years.
    I like the sound of that....

From the links, I can't see any news about not having to pass the language test.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Rosstis, thanks a lot for keeping us all updated.

I like the sound of that....

From the links, I can't see any news about not having to pass the language test.
    See paragraph 7) of Article 1 of the new law according to which new item 9 is added into Article 15.1 of the current wording of the law. So according to this new amendment the PRP applicants who have either parents or children with Russian citizenship and residence in Russia are exempt from the liability to provide the document confirming the passing of the Russian, history and law test.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rosstis For This Useful Post:

Hizam4747 (05-08-2019), Judge (03-08-2019), rusmeister (03-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by rosstis View Post
    See paragraph 7) of Article 1 of the new law according to which new item 9 is added into Article 15.1 of the current wording of the law. So according to this new amendment the PRP applicants who have either parents or children with Russian citizenship and residence in Russia are exempt from the liability to provide the document confirming the passing of the Russian, history and law test.
    That’s nice. But no relief for the spouse. 🙂

Hi guys,
    an important question: my wife has VID, registered in Moscow. She hasn't been living in Russia for like 3 years, coming for 1-2 days each 6 months to keep this VID. Now she returns in October to be within previous "no longer than 6 months out" rule. Our question is as the new law comes into force from November, 1, will she has any problems for the remaining 2 months of this year (she stayed in russia like 2 weeks for whole 2019 so far)? Or they leave this year as it is and will start to count 6 months inside the country as a must from next January?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast