littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: So where does everyone go to see a general physician in St. Pete?

So where does everyone go to see a general physician in St. Pete?

(NOTE: This has been cross-posted @ the St. Pete forum.)

My current lingering cold/flu/whatever has me concerned, and if the condition does not keep improving (ever so slowly), I think I shall go to a general physician just to figure out if it is something like bacterial pneumonia or tuberculosis (a few packs of azitromycin seemed to help, but not knock it out the way it usually does).

Anyway, it's been a long time since I had to visit a physician in Russia, but it would be a good idea to have one picked out if I ever need some sort of urgent care (i.e., here "urgent" is defined as not having to wait several months until my next planned trip home to the USA ). A few years ago, I got general dental care at the American Medical Clinic (Moika 78), and they have a full service medical clinic, so that is a default option, albeit it seems like the price list was *almost* as high as in the USA. So I'd like any suggestions about any other good clinics - and yes, there has to be an option of me speaking English, as precision speaking is at an upmost. I also need to get a Shingrix vaccination, and since there are 2 shots spaced at 2-6 months, I might not have enough time on my next trip home to both there, so that could be an issue as well.

EDIT: I have read about a place called Hospital #122 Sokolova. A look at the picture of the building shows a huge hospital/clinic campus! I also have read about a place called "Polyclinical Complex - Medical Center for Foreigners" @ Moskovsky 22.

I have used Scandinavia a few times: https://www.avaclinic.ru/offices/
    But there is nothing wrong in using the local free polyclinic except there may be a line, and you can always get many free advise on how to treat any illness from the other persons in the line.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (14-05-2019), DiscoverLearn (06-05-2019)

I have heard that Shingrix is not available in Russia. You better get it abroad.