littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Venting About Registrations

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Venting About Registrations

Allow me to vent a bit.

Can someone explain why so many landlords posting on Cian and avito are still so afraid to register their tenants!? Do they still live in, what, the 90's, and think their utility rates go up based on the number of people living there!? Or, what, are they stuck Back in the USSR, and think the FSB will come visiting if they register a foreigner in their apartment?? C'mon, don't the regular Russians looking to rent need and expect a temporary registration, too!?

I'm sorry, it's just that I'm looking to move again within the next month or two, and out of the three landladies we've had so far since moving back to Russia, only one was laid back about registering my wife and kids (no need for foreigners before the law change)

And it's just so effing annoying, calling around and having the landlords or real estate agents act like they'd be doing us a favor and therefore, NO, will not register us. I'm sorry, doesn't the law call for the LANDLORD to be fined, if he doesn't register his tenants??

OK, forgive me if this sounds like "не ходить в чужой храм со своими уставами," but I honestly feel like this must piss off regular Russians, too, on top of all the racist "no asians" or "no causcuses" ads.

It really does feel like this whole registration requirement is another annoying way for the government to regulate its people and just annoyingly control them.

\rant
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (21-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Can someone explain why so many landlords posting on Cian and avito are still so afraid to register their tenants!?
    They are afraid of "Tax", "All the hassle". If it is real problems they see or if it is just something they think is a different issue

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (21-02-2019), nicklcool (20-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    OK, forgive me if this sounds like "не ходить в чужой храм со своими уставами," but I honestly feel like this must piss off regular Russians, too, on top of all the racist "no asians" or "no causcuses" ads.
    Much needed rant.

Maybe registration and taxes are correlated or system is complicated or Russia wants all foreigners to become citizens with an apartment to live in. Whatever it is? It's extremely discouraging for foreigners. Russia needs a law to ban 'for Slavs only' ads.

Give a try to following Facebook group. Quite a few landlords there offer apartments with registration.
    Apartment, flat, house for rent Moscow, Russia. Expat real estate services.

All the best!

Plus there are so many shitty apartments, full of grandpa's old crap that mustn't be thrown away because he will need it in the afterlife or something. Or when people do bother to renovate the flat, in the kitchen they only put a two ring cooker and no oven. And there are so many adverts with photos where the flat is a complete mess - someone is still living there and their stuff is everywhere, and they don't make even half an effort to tidy up before taking photos.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nealben76 For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (28-06-2019)