littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Registration rant and question

Cherieperth, thanks for adding your comments about the 3 day registration rule, plus other details about the post office option or lack thereof. A few stragglers among the expat community come here to expat.ru to answer visa and migration questions and from time to time, we can. The rule changes about visas can be confusing so shedding a bit of light is always a good thing.

You are fortunate to have your patient landlady. We have rentals in Moscow and would rent to and register any foreigners who might want to rent from us. However, there aren't many left. Most, like you, are becoming a bit fed up and are looking to leave the country.

Good luck to you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (14-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Cherieperth, thanks for adding your comments about the 3 day registration rule, plus other details about the post office option or lack thereof. A few stragglers among the expat community come here to expat.ru to answer visa and migration questions and from time to time, we can. The rule changes about visas can be confusing so shedding a bit of light is always a good thing.

You are fortunate to have your patient landlady. We have rentals in Moscow and would rent to and register any foreigners who might want to rent from us. However, there aren't many left. Most, like you, are becoming a bit fed up and are looking to leave the country.

Good luck to you!
    Thank you xt-tsi! It's true, there's a lot less of us than there used to be. Thanks for adding to my post in a positive way, I do appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cheriedeperth For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (14-04-2019)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post

Many of those responding here on this site are die-hards in Russia who've gotten used to changes in the regulations. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but it helps to navigate the bureaucracy.
    Speaking on the behalf of the " die-hards, we have got used to the changes(most probably annoyed by them) that's why most of us are on long term visas, the 3 to 5 year residence permits, even citizenship, which helps when new laws come into play.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

cheriedeperth (16-04-2019)

We are at war if you haven't noticed.

Russia is being attacked everyday and of course want to know who and why you are in THEIR country. It's the US fault.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

cheriedeperth (16-04-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12