Moscow Animals

littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: to feed the squirrels or not? well, i for sure will not let them come close.

to feed the squirrels or not? well, i for sure will not let them come close.

Ein Nebeneinander beider Hörnchenarten sei nicht möglich, erklärt die Ökologin. "Grauhörnchen tragen ein Pockenvirus in sich. Während sie selbst keine Symptome zeigen, können Eichhörnchen innerhalb von zehn Tagen daran sterben." Dazu kommt: Viele rote Eichhörnchen sind auch mit gefährlichen Lepra Bakterien infiziert.

Бок о бок обоих видов белки невозможно, объясняет эколог. "Серые белки несут в себе вирус оспы. Хотя вы сами не проявляете никаких симптомов, белки могут умереть от него в течение десяти дней."Это происходит: многие красные белки также заражены опасными бактериями проказы.

Side by side of both types of squirrels is impossible, explains the ecologist. "Grey squirrels carry a pox virus. Although you yourself do not show any symptoms, proteins can die from it within ten days."This is happening: a red squirrel also is infected with dangerous bacteria of leprosy.

https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles...irrel-diseases

I do not know if this also applies to the RUSSIAN squirrels.out here in Strogino we also have the grey squirrel but i have seen other colors as well. so far they never came close enough to be fed by hand. And just to be on the safe side, i will keep it that way. I also had spoken with a local - forest - man and he said, the local variety CAN also carry rabies...
    so, should it happen that your dog comes into a fight with a squirrel, better take both, the dead squirrel and the dog, to the vet....just to be on the safe side.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Grey Squirrels are Tree Rats - I would encourage all able-bodied people to kill as many Tree Rats as possible - they are the scourge of the forests and parks!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (08-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Ein Nebeneinander beider Hörnchenarten sei nicht möglich, erklärt die Ökologin. "Grauhörnchen tragen ein Pockenvirus in sich. Während sie selbst keine Symptome zeigen, können Eichhörnchen innerhalb von zehn Tagen daran sterben." Dazu kommt: Viele rote Eichhörnchen sind auch mit gefährlichen Lepra Bakterien infiziert.

Бок о бок обоих видов белки невозможно, объясняет эколог. "Серые белки несут в себе вирус оспы. Хотя вы сами не проявляете никаких симптомов, белки могут умереть от него в течение десяти дней."Это происходит: многие красные белки также заражены опасными бактериями проказы.

Side by side of both types of squirrels is impossible, explains the ecologist. "Grey squirrels carry a pox virus. Although you yourself do not show any symptoms, proteins can die from it within ten days."This is happening: a red squirrel also is infected with dangerous bacteria of leprosy.

https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles...irrel-diseases

I do not know if this also applies to the RUSSIAN squirrels.out here in Strogino we also have the grey squirrel but i have seen other colors as well. so far they never came close enough to be fed by hand. And just to be on the safe side, i will keep it that way. I also had spoken with a local - forest - man and he said, the local variety CAN also carry rabies...
    so, should it happen that your dog comes into a fight with a squirrel, better take both, the dead squirrel and the dog, to the vet....just to be on the safe side.
    British KAPITALIZOM in action - it's enemy not only for working clаss, but even for animal world!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

In true Soviet tradition, save our Reds from the Grey threat!

super-squirrels.jpg
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (09-04-2019)