littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Russian Citizen Going to Sakharova

Russian Citizen Going to Sakharova

Does anyone out there know how a Russian citizen accompanying her husband (who.has US citizenship and permanent RU residency) can enter the territory of Sakharova? Does the Russian citizen need to get a document from a notary allowing her to go to the facility with her spouse?

Next question - can someone with a US passport who also has a Russian passport enter the facility at МВЦ Sakharova without having any kind of a Russian visa? Does anybody know?

Thanks

If you are legally married no problem. I was just there with my wife and daughter who I am not legally married to. Also bringing a cute little baby with you gets you to cut to the front of the line! No waiting.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Thanks Uncle Wally. I wiĺ tell my US friend they will let his Russian wife enter the sacred grounds of Sakharova and to bring a marriage certifucate, since he doesn't have any babies handy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (25-03-2019), Uncle Wally (25-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Thanks Uncle Wally. I wiĺ tell my US friend they will let his Russian wife enter the sacred grounds of Sakharova and to bring a marriage certifucate, since he doesn't have any babies handy.
    marriage certificate is definitely always good!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (26-03-2019)

My US friend went with his VNZh and Russian wife to Sakharova to get the stamp in his new US passport. They let both of them in without a power of attorney and without having to show their marriage certificate. My friend has a bad back and his wife said he was in invalid. They let him drive up up to the main building. He in fact just had surgery and shouldn't be walking that far, so it was a valid claim. He forgot to bring a notarized translation of his US passport. They did the translation at Sakharovo faster and at a lower price than at his notary. By the time it was done, it was too late to get the stamp in his new passport. On the way back, they stopped off for a bowl of borsch and enjoyed the drive on a sunny day. Sakharovo is only an hour by car from his house, much of it on a new highway so he's going back today and I get the feeling, he's looking forward to it.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (28-03-2019), FatAndy (27-03-2019), Hans.KK (27-03-2019), Judge (27-03-2019), Uncle Wally (27-03-2019), xp@ (27-03-2019)

did things change for the better there? hard to believe but from the comments and posts here it seems so. maybe they are scared that a lot of their business will go back to the districts as the rumor mill had it? and many of them would be out of work. and out of many an offered gratitude....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I haven't been there in some time but from what I'm reading, there have been some improvements. That said, much depends on your frame of mind.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (27-03-2019)

My US friend went with his VNZh and Russian wife to Sakharova to get the stamp in his new US passport. They let both of them in without a power of attorney and without having to show their marriage certificate. My friend has a bad back and his wife said he was in invalid. They let him drive up up to the main building. He in fact just had surgery and shouldn't be walking that far, so it was a valid claim. He forgot to bring a notarized translation of his US passport. They did the translation at Sakharovo faster and at a lower price than at his notary. By the time it was done, it was too late to get the stamp in his new passport. On the way back, they stopped off for a bowl of borsch and enjoyed the drive on a sunny day. Sakharovo is only an hour by car from his house, much of it on a new highway so he's going back today and I get the feeling, he's looking forward to it.

They have a small cafe right on the grounds, though I didn't go in I will bet they have borsch.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Next question - can someone with a US passport who also has a Russian passport enter the facility at МВЦ Sakharova without having any kind of a Russian visa? Does anybody know?
    Considering that they didn't check whether I have a migration card when I entered (my passport doesn't require a visa for Russia), I assume they wouldn't look for a visa either. Basically, you just open your (foreign) passport on the photo page, and walk by the guards showing them the page.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (31-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiancai View Post
    Considering that they didn't check whether I have a migration card when I entered (my passport doesn't require a visa for Russia), I assume they wouldn't look for a visa either. Basically, you just open your (foreign) passport on the photo page, and walk by the guards showing them the page.
    I was there in November. I have a UK passport. They only looked at the photo page at the entrance.

hello,
    I go there very often with my wife, last time I went like 2 weeks ago. I am a European union citizen with a Russian wife. we go there together and they said that all foreigners with a passport can enter and if a Russian citizen wants to enter with them must be husband or wife of the foreign person who enter with. they just have to show the Russian passport on page 14 ( if I don't mistake is the page where in Russian passport is written the name of your spouse) to be verified the spouse name corresponds with the foreigner you enter with.