littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: If you have PRP and ИП/IP

If you have PRP and ИП/IP

If you have PRP and are an individual entrepreneur (ИП/IP) you need to advise the tax authorities when you prolong your PRP, otherwise they close your IP automatically. I just realised today that my IP was closed and am now going to have to try to sort it out (my IP bank account is also closed, aaaaggghhhhh) next week. Great start to the holiday weekend! It seems there are two options: (1) write a complaint to the tax authorities citing a legal precedent in which someone's IP was reopened in such a case, as it was considered that the system should have noted that the PRP had been prolonged and not annulled or (2) open a new IP, which then involves redrafting any existing contracts you may have. I'm going to talk to a lawyer on Monday and see what they advise. Plus I need to check what the bank intends to do with the money in my account that I now can't access. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on.

Don't repeat my mistake. If you have an IP, let the tax authorities know if your documents change (while I'm at it, I'm going to check whether the same applies to my UK passport, which was also one of the docs I presented to open my IP - I need to replace it this summer).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (08-03-2019), JonLDS (10-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    If you have PRP and are an individual entrepreneur (ИП/IP) you need to advise the tax authorities when you prolong your PRP, otherwise they close your IP automatically. I just realised today that my IP was closed and am now going to have to try to sort it out (my IP bank account is also closed, aaaaggghhhhh) next week. Great start to the holiday weekend! It seems there are two options: (1) write a complaint to the tax authorities citing a legal precedent in which someone's IP was reopened in such a case, as it was considered that the system should have noted that the PRP had been prolonged and not annulled or (2) open a new IP, which then involves redrafting any existing contracts you may have. I'm going to talk to a lawyer on Monday and see what they advise. Plus I need to check what the bank intends to do with the money in my account that I now can't access. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on.

Don't repeat my mistake. If you have an IP, let the tax authorities know if your documents change (while I'm at it, I'm going to check whether the same applies to my UK passport, which was also one of the docs I presented to open my IP - I need to replace it this summer).
    That sounds mega inconvenient! Thanks for the warning. Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JonLDS For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (09-03-2019)

Based on advice I decided to register a new IP, rather than go down the official complaint/court route. This means I also have to open a new IP bank account (расчетный счет), once my new IP is set up. I used the same company who helped me open my old IP in 2014 and who also do my accounts/tax return - www.urvista.ru I have to fill in a form to get Sberbank to transfer the money from my closed account to another account, but the person in the bank assured me it doesn't take long (luckily my personal account is also with Sberbank). I also have to file a tax return and pay taxes on the period from 1 January 2019 to the closure of my IP (which was in Feb, it transpires, despite my bank account still working until last week) by March 25 (i.e. 25th of the month after my IP ceased operating).

If you have TVP or PRP and an IP you need to inform the tax authorities every time a document changes or your status/name/address changes:

1. As a foreigner the register (EGRUL) entry for your IP will include the end date of your TVP/PRP. You must let them know when you prolong or move from RVP to PRP or from PRP to Russian passport
    2. If you change the address where you're registered
    3. If you change your name
    4. If you renew your foreign passport (or Russian passport, if you've got citizenship - this applies to all IPs)

I'm told I should have a new IP within 5 working days, all being well. Fingers crossed!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

JonLDS (12-03-2019), xt-tsi (12-03-2019)