littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: OK, so how am I supposed to put my bags onto the luggage wagon for train?

OK, so how am I supposed to put my bags onto the luggage wagon for train?

I recently did St Pete to Sochi with my entourage of 5 bags, as I always do this time of year. This time, the wagon conductor said that it would be a problem, and so he called someone over. I said that I wanted to take the 3 small bags with me in my compartment (2nd class), and he seemed to say that he would put the 2 bags in the luggage wagon; I expected him to tell me that I needed to pay something eventually, and so I took my 3 small bags up and left the 2 large bags outside. So about 5 minutes before the train left, another wagon conductor told me I needed to put my bags into the wagon that I was on!

I've been putting off trying to figure out how to get these bags put into the luggage wagon, but obviously I need to learn how to properly do this. For reference, I buy my tickets from the Russia Rail website.

Maybe they mentioned specialized luggage coupe inside a passenger wagon where the train commander is located?
    http://pass.rzd.ru/static/public/ru?...Id=162&id=2301

https://www.tutu.ru/2read/questions/luggage/
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

OK, I have purchased my return trip to СПБ, and paid for 2 pieces of luggage in the luggage compartment (I will have 3 with me), so I'll have to see how this works out. I have the printout of the luggage receipt, so I should just be able to hand that to the staff member and point to the 2 big pieces of luggage that will go there. This will take place in a month.

The baggage receipt has a different wagon listed than my seat.

THEORETICALLY there is either a complete luggage wagon or at least part of a wagon designated for luggage. you are supposed to mention the amount of luggage, more then 3 pieces and more then 200 kg, when buying a ticket. at the ticket office or online. it is mentioned in the link FAT ANDY provided. Since this is a lot, at the railway station,you might want to use the services of the luggage handlers, they are with their trolleys all over the palce. they have numbers and fixed prices. so THEORETICALLY they should not cheat you. they know where the luggage wagon or compartment is located and will get you there. If it is a whole wagon, a railway person is supposed to be there helping, for a small fee, so nothing gets lost, scratched, thrown around.... or you do it yourself. or for a small fee the luggage handler will do it...Alternatively, you buy TWO railway tickets and have double the luggage amount and at least one free bunk or seat where you can store all your luggage...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....