littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Airlines lost my bag going to LED

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Санкт Петербург
    Posts
    236
    Thanked: 9

    Airlines lost my bag going to LED

    Oh well. It seemed I had to get a bunch of documents stamped that I guess is for when the airline finds my bag. I've got an emergency pair of underwear, and have clothes in storage that I should get the next day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanked: 580
    Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    Oh well. It seemed I had to get a bunch of documents stamped that I guess is for when the airline finds my bag.
    And they will bring it to you, if they can find you from the information you gave them, an other question is in what condition you stuff will be in, oh that can give you a surprise, I once had a suitcase totally destroyed, but I was happy to get some specific parts of the contains so I did not take future action on that, well the suitcase went into the dumpster.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    19,847
    Thanked: 4283
    Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    Oh well. It seemed I had to get a bunch of documents stamped that I guess is for when the airline finds my bag. I've got an emergency pair of underwear, and have clothes in storage that I should get the next day.
    shows once more,NEVER pack anything of importance into a suitcase. always only in carry on luggage.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (14-02-2019), Suuryaa (15-02-2019)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,405
    Thanked: 3068
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    shows once more,NEVER pack anything of importance into a suitcase. always only in carry on luggage.
    Well, it depends on the suitcase. I bought mine bigger one in some... erhmmm... village under San Jose in 2008 for $200+ and it has went thru many flights, still OK, although many times was loaded up to 36 kg (EU, US, Israel, HK-PRC-Taipei, Tunis, Thailand, UAE...)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Санкт Петербург
    Posts
    236
    Thanked: 9
    The bag got delivered to my hotel 3 days after the flight had arrived. Everything seemed to be normal with it.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to swampwiz For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (22-02-2019)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    19,847
    Thanked: 4283
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Well, it depends on the suitcase. I bought mine bigger one in some... erhmmm... village under San Jose in 2008 for $200+ and it has went thru many flights, still OK, although many times was loaded up to 36 kg (EU, US, Israel, HK-PRC-Taipei, Tunis, Thailand, UAE...)
    i am not talking about weight as such. but documents, a notebook, camera, even needed medication.clothes can be replaced,and so can toothpaste and shampoo. but never a notebook or maybe extra hard drive full with photos or family pictures.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,405
    Thanked: 3068
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i am not talking about weight as such. but documents, a notebook, camera, even needed medication.clothes can be replaced,and so can toothpaste and shampoo. but never a notebook or maybe extra hard drive full with photos or family pictures.
    Yes, here I agree - in a thick walls koffer / backpack, with additional sleeves
    Чтобы не было мучительно больно...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (22-02-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •