littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about the new law closing the internet in Russia?

What about the new law closing the internet in Russia?

a little bit of - clickbait - your headline IMHO? that is what it realy says. and it said -Kremlin- Not VV. The -White House- also often says somethign different then what POTUS will do...
    -The Kremlin is considering radical plans to unplug Russia from the global internet in the event of a serious military confrontation or big anti-government protests at home, Russian officials hinted on Friday.-

And just because they will or might consider, does not mean it will happen. Will they also close down Skype, all mobiles, all Satellite phones? and on top of ir, it needs a little mobile and a small flash key or memory stick and the news will be out the latest when the next plane flies out or the next rain goes to Helsinki? will they close down that as well.
    already in CHINA during the TIAN AN MEN uprising, videotapes were smuggled out via channels that the government had no idea they existed ( I was working in Beijing these days).Whatever chair pusher or stamp pad protector thought about closing down internet, has no idea about modern media.

and here is says https://www.orf.at/#/stories/3111157/ what are the REAL reasons for a TRIAL that is being thought of. THAT does make sense and not that crappy article in the Guardian!

and look at the left side of the article in the GUARDIAN. it says - this article is over 4 years old-!!!!!!
    Last edited by Benedikt; 12-02-2019 at 06:52.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Comrade, sometimes it's worth to pay attention for timestamps...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Ha, that's funny. The first thing America will do when they attack Russia is shut off the internet. And they won't just flip a switch but cut the cable literally! Anyone remember when the under sea cable to Iran was cut?

You will know when the war is about to start, the internet goes down.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

https://www.zdnet.com/article/russia...-planned-test/

Here's a little more up to date article.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

https://tvthek.orf.at/topic/Magazine...s-Web/14443955

is there an alternative? the - dark net- . Is it that bad as it is being made?
    it is available only for 5 more days on the ORF Mediathek. listen with headphones and the original English langauge comes out surprisingly clear. and if you understand Hebrew, that is the other half besides English.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/russia...-planned-test/

Here's a little more up to date article.
    Wow, shocking if true. If this happens I suspect a lot of expats will be looking to leave Russia soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Wow, shocking if true. If this happens I suspect a lot of expats will be looking to leave Russia soon.
    Not only expats.... multi-international companies will leave as well. It's difficult to do businesses in Russia with Rostelecom cutting or restricting internet access.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Ignatius (13-02-2019)

Wow, shocking if true.
    Don't military drills shock you?
    All the world's Kremlin,

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-02-2019), Hans.KK (13-02-2019), TolkoRaz (12-02-2019), Uncle Wally (12-02-2019)

Why? because they can not watch funny cat's videos on YouTube?

When I was here first time in 1992 there were nothing, I repeat NOTHING in English, or other non Russian language, you could even not listen to AM radio it was to shitty, there were radio Moscow with one hour of "service" news in different language once a week, I survived.
    Well one time I was so home sic I had to call home, you had to order a telephone call before hand, and they called you up 3 O'clock in the night "Here is you phone call".

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-02-2019), FatAndy (12-02-2019), Uncle Wally (12-02-2019), xp@ (13-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Don't military drills shock you?
    And sirens?

And Swan Lake on every TV channel?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (12-02-2019), Uncle Wally (12-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    And Swan Lake on every TV channel?
    Sure.

All the world's Kremlin,

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (14-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Not only expats.... multi-international companies will leave as well. It's difficult to do businesses in Russia with Rostelecom cutting or restricting internet access.
    well if - Expats - leave because of that what maybe might or might not, will or will not happen, so be it. Same for these -international- companies. If they rely solely on internet for communications, they for sure will find a way to get around that if anything might, would, should, could happen.( when TianANMen had happened a Chinese chair pusher came and told our GM he has to switch of the cable TV receiver. But we had a clever GM and CNN was on all the time, togehter with the rest of the channels, the only one in Beijing as far as I remember. And from the talks i listened to....). The Chinese Government did not want to turn off the Sat Feed because they themselves wanted to watch what CNN,BBC and others were reporting. So they told the individual Hotels to switch off the feed. At that time fair enough,- foreign- TV was only available in -foreign- hotels.

https://orf.at/stories/3111278/ some more to read up. also a link at the bottom to the BBC and another one. I did not look at either one. because the more I read the more confusing it becomes. because everyone of these scribblers writes something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Why? because they can not watch funny cat's videos on YouTube?

When I was here first time in 1992 there were nothing, I repeat NOTHING in English, or other non Russian language, you could even not listen to AM radio it was to shitty, there were radio Moscow with one hour of "service" news in different language once a week, I survived.
    Well one time I was so home sic I had to call home, you had to order a telephone call before hand, and they called you up 3 O'clock in the night "Here is you phone call".

One would reasonably hope the year 1992 isn't considered the minimal bar of human progress in Russia. I too was in Moscow, but in 1989 and witnessed both wide scale level 2 poverty and food shortages, and in 93 I witnessed a hyperinflation unseen in any post-industrial society. If I want to exit in 25 years because the government prefers cultural autarky, so be it. And if you want to stay because you've "endured" 1992, that's cool too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ignatius For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-02-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast