littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Temporary Residence Permits in Russia

oferoot Guest

Temporary Residence Permits in Russia

My wife is a Russian citizen, I have submitted my RVP application with all documents accepted in Oct 2018, It is well known I have to wait for 6 months before the result of the RVP application, I have been out of Russia and back to Russia on a 90 days Visa which will expire March 2nd 2019; these are my concerns I need advice:

1. After submission of RVP application in Oct 2018, my RVP application result will be out in 6 month ( that should around April 2019 ) and my visa will expire March 2nd 2019 , Is there any possibility staying in Russia before the RVP application result is out around April 2019?

I was advice to consult the Russia Ministry of Internal affair they will make decision of my further stay if after expiration of visa, what might be the outcome of consulting the Russia Ministry of Internal affair I do not know, please I need advice.

I was in a similar situation with my visa when I applied for temporary residency last year. Like you, I had a 90 day visa (private visit) and was told that my request would take 5-6 months to be approved. I was told that I could NOT remain in Russia while I was waiting, so had to leave and come back later, again on a 90 day visa.
    However, the rule for me -- and I assume it applies to you as well -- is that I could only stay in Russia for 90 days in any 180 day period. In other words, I had to wait for at least 90 days after leaving Russia to come back again.
    In the end, I left a few weeks after my residency request had been submitted and returned about four and a half months later. My temporary residency had already been approved by then, but the notification was sent by post and so arrived after I had returned to Russia!
    Again, I'm not sure if this will apply to you, but in my case when my passport was stamped with the TRP, they cancelled my private visit visa and issued a new multiple entry visa valid for three years (in other words, the length of my residency permit).

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    I was in a similar situation with my visa when I applied for temporary residency last year. Like you, I had a 90 day visa (private visit) and was told that my request would take 5-6 months to be approved. I was told that I could NOT remain in Russia while I was waiting, so had to leave and come back later, again on a 90 day visa.
    However, the rule for me -- and I assume it applies to you as well -- is that I could only stay in Russia for 90 days in any 180 day period. In other words, I had to wait for at least 90 days after leaving Russia to come back again.
    In the end, I left a few weeks after my residency request had been submitted and returned about four and a half months later. My temporary residency had already been approved by then, but the notification was sent by post and so arrived after I had returned to Russia!
    Again, I'm not sure if this will apply to you, but in my case when my passport was stamped with the TRP, they cancelled my private visit visa and issued a new multiple entry visa valid for three years (in other words, the length of my residency permit).

Hope this helps.
    Interesting. I feel like perhaps you were misinformed about the 90/180 rule. I never heard about that applying if you get a new 90-day visa. I always just left the country, got a new visa, and came back right away. I had 8 or 9 visas before I got TRP. I think the 90/180 rule only applies for visas like business visas. Alas, that doesn't matter to any of us now.

Oferoot, as far as I know there is no chance of extending your visa. The only provision for extending is if you have a close family member that dies or is seriously ill in Russia.
    Even then it's max 10 days. Do keep in mind that, in Moscow at least, they are always late (even though they're breaking the law). I got mine closer to 7 months after my documents were accepted. They only did it after I figured a complaint through the police. Then they back dated it and even when I came to pick it up it wasn't ready, but the made it happen on the spot based on the letter from МВД. I imagine other regions are less predictable, but more likely to obey the law when it comes to the 6 months.

By 6 months they usually mean 180 working days so itís always more than 7 or 8 months - depending on official holidays in between.

Quote Originally Posted by JonLDS View Post
    Interesting. I feel like perhaps you were misinformed about the 90/180 rule. I never heard about that applying if you get a new 90-day visa. I always just left the country, got a new visa, and came back right away. I had 8 or 9 visas before I got TRP. I think the 90/180 rule only applies for visas like business visas. Alas, that doesn't matter to any of us now.
    Possibly, but it was the Consul in Luxembourg (where I got my visa issued) who told me, and since he was the one who wold have to issue the new visa, I wasn't really in a position to argue with him !