littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: A room for English lessons: is that real?

A room for English lessons: is that real?

Dear all, I'm thinking of inviting a nice English student to stay with my family. Do you think it is real? If so, please advise how can I find any person? I have 2 little boys and consider that the noise which they start early in the morning and finish by night will make crazy anybody around them. But still I hope to find English speaking student who needs a free room for a few lessons per week. Any ideas are highly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shvec For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (13-02-2019)

I did that about 10 years ago. The people were moving to Australia and wanted to practice English so I lived in their flat for about 9 months all for free. So it's possible.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sounds great!

You're welcome, good luck!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Shvec, though the economy is doing better now, I bet you can still find many recent college grads in the USA who are desperate for work and money & would gladly meet a need like yours. You couldn't cheaply advertise in the newspapers of various universities. Of course, one issue you'll have is sponsoring a visa, but if your husband has a company in his name, sponsoring a work visa might be a little easier, especially if you go the HQS route.

I also want to add, you gave me a hearty laugh with your 'they make annoying noises from morning til night' comment!!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!