littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Self-employed work permit?

Self-employed work permit?

I have read that it is possible to apply to the GUVM to get a work permit and work visa as a self-employed individual. That is - instead of an employer making the application for you you can do it yourself on the basis that you will be self-employed.

I am wondering how viable this is? Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustinWyllie View Post
    I have read that it is possible to apply to the GUVM to get a work permit and work visa as a self-employed individual.
    Where did you read that? Wishful thinking is what it is.

You can only get a work permit/visa when you have an employer that wants to, or already had, hire you.

You can setup you own company in Russia (a lot of paperwork), apply for permission to employ foreign labour (more paperwork, and btw, you may not get the permission), you can then hire your self (more paperwork), and it is not for free.

Hans KK is absolutely right. I had a lawyer look into this option. To qualify for a work visa you have to be employed in Russia. It is technically possible to be self-employed but the employer has to prove to the Russian authorities that it is active, with turnover, profits and is legit. After that, the process of applying for a work visa (it's not a permit) is complex.

Suggest you google translate this into English and check it out for yourself:

https://www.visahouse.com/en/information/workprocedure/