littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when can you call yourself a -Muscovite-?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    Could not find the article, but using that criteria, you are not a Muscovite and neither is Wally and probably about 74 percent of the people that currently live there, probably the same percentage as London or most major cities in the world.
    it takes a while to come up. you most probably have to watch other -fun facts- as well. but here is another link, also not take to seriously ( as was my first link) that makes you a real Muscovitle..https://friendlylocalguides.com/blog...real-muscovite
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    sure buddy. in fact, if you go to the rooftop and bring your binoculars, you can almost make out the garden ring.....
    I do not need binoculars, I climb up the red bridge, second link, and can see ALL of Moscow (takes a few tram stops or a leisurely walk of 30 minutes)
    the second link also shos where around I live... and ONE link shos that Strogino is DEFINITELY a part of Moscow. And the link next to it, shows the -new- extended Moscow.https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Strogino
    https://www.dreamstime.com/photos-im...idge.html?pg=2
    Garden Ring? what is thereß a few trees and a brick walkway and left and right millions of cars?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Garden Ring? what is there....
    Pretty much everything that consists of being interesting and important......

......but please, continue talking about trees and walks with your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    it takes a while to come up. you most probably have to watch other -fun facts- as well. but here is another link, also not take to seriously ( as was my first link) that makes you a real Muscovitle..https://friendlylocalguides.com/blog...real-muscovite
    Ben my comments are not to be taken seriously either, wit the four generation thing, not even Putin is a Muskrat, I cam not even a Londoner etc, perhaps somewhere down the line Tolko is a Tajik etc, on the four generation thing I dont think that is is such a thing as a real Muskrat or Cockney. perhaps this is what demonstrates London more today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60nEMZeHim8

Perhaps if we went back four generation of Muskrats we may get back to the Tsars but I think that this is more modern Russia and Muskrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-shbjYXqF0k

My Russian teachers could not get their head around that I went to see the Killers at VDH etc rather than go to the theater etc and watch boring ballet...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan65 For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-01-2019)

Almost in Moscow ;b

That's called Pod-Moscovia.

And as to the actual location being the best, well- that is debatable.

I didn't say the best. I said "one of the best". The best place in Moscow is Raminki. I lived there for 13 years and still my best and oldest friends live there.

I just moved to a new flat the other day. It is still Moscow but takes 25 minutes by train to get to the metro. But the air is clean and it's very quiet, the snow is even white! I don't think I will be going to Moscow very much and won't miss the dirty air, noise and millions of people.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    Could not find the article, but using that criteria, you are not a Muscovite and neither is Wally and probably about 74 percent of the people that currently live there, probably the same percentage as London or most major cities in the world.
    That number is about right for Moscow..

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    sorry mate. that is a bunch of claptrap. this is idea of "we were here first" and have the right to be here. everyone else/the dirty masses should piss-off back to their sad little village.
    The " 4 generations" rule is correct, these are classed as proper Moscowvites, all others are just wannabes...
    You can also tell who are newbie Moscowvites, they try and pretend to be in a rush and have kinda aggressive way about them, the trying too hard gives them away.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (14-01-2019), zzhhst (16-01-2019)

Hey, I know we have many differences. However, I agree with you. Wally

To me I see it the same as New York, California L.A London all other big cities. People very proud with nose in air. Regardless of income. Yes, I agree 4th generation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12