littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Moscow Metro eat your heart out, these are BEIJING'S new stations

Moscow Metro eat your heart out, these are BEIJING'S new stations

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20190...745ee88_1.html

maybe the architects could have a look there! might be a good idea!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Nothing special in them pics,maybe 2nd one is worth a visit, the others boring.

I just gave a tour of some of the Moscow metros, and each time, they still look stunning.. The newly done up one at Park Pobedy is very neatly done, simple but elegant, I wanted to get giant chess pieces and start a game on the floor.

at Komsomolskaya station, what crossed my mind is, it would be a great idea if they had signs on the walls telling what's going on above, ''The theme of the design, the Historical Russian fight for freedom and independence, is expressed in eight large ceiling mosaics by Pavel Korin.'' you start at the end and read each one ,just a short passage of the historical battles.

I saw a tour guide with a group , she just said something quickly and the tourists then wandered around taking pics of mosaics, without explaining what each mosaic was about, if they had info on the walls,this would be helpful to all..

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post

I just gave a tour of some of the Moscow metros, and each time, they still look stunning.. The newly done up one at Park Pobedy is very neatly done, simple but elegant, I wanted to get giant chess pieces and start a game on the floor.

at Komsomolskaya station, what crossed my mind is, it would be a great idea if they had signs on the walls telling what's going on above, ''The theme of the design, the Historical Russian fight for freedom and independence, is expressed in eight large ceiling mosaics by Pavel Korin.'' you start at the end and read each one ,just a short passage of the historical battles.

I saw a tour guide with a group , she just said something quickly and the tourists then wandered around taking pics of mosaics, without explaining what each mosaic was about, if they had info on the walls,this would be helpful to all..
    Park Pobedi, have you ever been there after rain or with lots of people with wet shoes? the guy who made the floor should be either shot, sent to the Gulag or peel potatoes in Chita! one slides around there like on an ice rink.
    explanations what it is all about the mosaics and the likes one can find in the book Moscow Metro. Is available at all the information stands in at least 4 languages.
    and if the tour guide is just cheapskates, only wanting to make money and knowing nothing, approach them. they must have a name and a badge. if they are official guides. and report them. either to the ship where they came from, or the tour operator. as simple as that. posting here will not help. DOING something about it will help.
    a few weeks afgo I had friends over from Austria and I showed them around. we happen to get together in their hotel with another group of Austrians. unrelated and unknown to us. they were astonished how much I knew about Moscow. Their tourguide did not tell them 20% of what I knew. needless to say, the last two days, who was the -tourguide - to all of them.I did the same with a film crew from Austria that was here. needless to say the tourguides were VERY quick to call me names, bloddy foreiner go back, where i came from, taking work from a poor Russian teacher who tried to add to his meagre pension and the likes. A TEACHER? wonder what they were teaching the kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Decahedron View Post
    I don't like post-soviet metro
    what about the
    Ikarus Bus and Trolley..... https://ru.images.search.yahoo.com/s...g&action=click

and the Tatra Tram?..... https://ru.images.search.yahoo.com/s...g&action=click

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Park Pobedi, have you ever been there after rain or with lots of people with wet shoes? the guy who made the floor should be either shot, sent to the Gulag or peel potatoes in Chita! one slides around there like on an ice rink.
    explanations what it is all about the mosaics and the likes one can find in the book Moscow Metro. Is available at all the information stands in at least 4 languages.
    and if the tour guide is just cheapskates, only wanting to make money and knowing nothing, approach them. they must have a name and a badge. if they are official guides. and report them. either to the ship where they came from, or the tour operator. as simple as that. posting here will not help. DOING something about it will help.
    a few weeks afgo I had friends over from Austria and I showed them around. we happen to get together in their hotel with another group of Austrians. unrelated and unknown to us. they were astonished how much I knew about Moscow. Their tourguide did not tell them 20% of what I knew. needless to say, the last two days, who was the -tourguide - to all of them.I did the same with a film crew from Austria that was here. needless to say the tourguides were VERY quick to call me names, bloddy foreiner go back, where i came from, taking work from a poor Russian teacher who tried to add to his meagre pension and the likes. A TEACHER? wonder what they were teaching the kids...
    Excuse the late reply, yes I was at Park Pobedi metro this winter, lots of people bringing in slushy snow in with them, all was ok, no one was falling over.It's a big metro entrance, shoes are rid of snow by the time they are down in the bottom, a relative timed the escalator ride, it's the deepest in Moscow, I think it was timed at either 2 or 3 mins, this is enough time for shoes to dry,

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post

That is a lot of light bulbs in Photo 2 - I assume that they are LED bulbs which rarely require changing!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Judge (25-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    That is a lot of light bulbs in Photo 2 - I assume that they are LED bulbs which rarely require changing!
    Octopus comes to mind ..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (26-03-2019)

Yes, I immediately thought of tentacles......
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!