littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renovating and Decorating

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

well, one wants to be able to do a job professionally and well, it needs the tools.
    "professionally", no, sorry, this is the cheapest Chinese shit tool you can get (They claim it is from Korea, but the factory do not exist in that city in Korea that the seller claims, so ... and we had to repair it before we could start using it, but I have 600-900 big holes that should be done and they are all around 600 mm deep, and this was what I could get money to buy, if professional tool we have to multiply with something around 4, maybe more. The drilling machine and the drill-bits will not be able to do the job fully, the drilling machine needs service for every 100 hours, it will be less than one month of real work including moving from one drilling location to the next, and this they only tell you after you have payed and received the thing, life sucks when you are drilling.

As far as drilling goes it depends on which wall you're drilling. Yes supporting walls are cement with rocks, hence the need for a hammer drill. Other walls you can just hammer in a screw.

What I do know is buy lots of spackle!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    "professionally", no, sorry, this is the cheapest Chinese shit tool you can get (They claim it is from Korea, but the factory do not exist in that city in Korea that the seller claims, so ... and we had to repair it before we could start using it, but I have 600-900 big holes that should be done and they are all around 600 mm deep, and this was what I could get money to buy, if professional tool we have to multiply with something around 4, maybe more. The drilling machine and the drill-bits will not be able to do the job fully, the drilling machine needs service for every 100 hours, it will be less than one month of real work including moving from one drilling location to the next, and this they only tell you after you have payed and received the thing, life sucks when you are drilling.

So it's just like buying a car. You think you paid for it but for the next five years you can only bring it to the dealership and pay $800 for an oil change.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (25-12-2018)

Marble? Don't tell us you also have a gold plated toilet? Are you related to the Rothchilds?[/QUOTE]

no, we do not have. but a contractor did for an -oligarch- in his - dacha- a few toilets.and kitchen tops. And had a few slabs left over. paid for already....so we got them cheap... one just has to know ( or cook for) the right people at the right time.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (26-12-2018), Uncle Wally (26-12-2018)

There's a lot of choice here in terms of bathrooms and kitchens, so I don't think you need to bring units/fittings with you. The trick is to check whether they have the items in stock or need to order in, as often the showrooms are just that and they order from Europe once they have a deposit. We've done that before a few times and it's usually fine. Once we didn't get a table we ordered and had to go to small claims court to get our money back. As for tools, again, I think you can find everything you need.

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    There's a lot of choice here in terms of bathrooms and kitchens, so I don't think you need to bring units/fittings with you. The trick is to check whether they have the items in stock or need to order in, as often the showrooms are just that and they order from Europe once they have a deposit. We've done that before a few times and it's usually fine. Once we didn't get a table we ordered and had to go to small claims court to get our money back. As for tools, again, I think you can find everything you need.
    out in the country of course it might be difficult. but in bigger places one can go to OBI, Grant,LeroiMerlin.They have huges displays but also huge stocks.We also learned and NEVER AGAIN buy in places like Kashirka or any other -open- market. Neither will we buy at some -shopping center- where there are hundreds of little shops under one roof.Also a good idea, go to home building, funiture exhibitions and the likes. For them it does not pay to schlepp all the things back to their factories or warehouses. on top of it you can SEE there what the thing looks like. at the end of the exhibition, they pack up everything for you and bring it right to your place. of course within reasons. but definitely for a good price. many things are also made new, for the first time, to test the market. so you might get and exclusive that no one else has. at least for the next 2 to 3 years..
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12