littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration at the Post Office

Registration at the Post Office

Hi everyone!

Our landlady has been registering us since October, because of the new requirements. She's already getting tired of us because we either stay in hotels in different cities in Russia, or travel outside of Russia for weekends, a lot - both situations require re-registration.

She's been going to our local 'Moi Dokumenti' office to register us each time, which isn't convenient for her because it's not near her workplace or flat.

Can she register us at the post office? I know it used to be a possibility but I haven't seen anything mentioned about it since these changes came into place. Would we need to go with her (we currently don't need to go with her), and can it be done at any post office or does she have to go to a specially equipped one (a post office in the centre would be ideal for her)?

Thanks in advance for any answers, we'd like to make this process as easy as possible for her so she doesn't ask us to leave her flat :-(

Cherie

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Do you really have to do the re-registration even for short trips inside Russia ? Same question for trips abroad, does anyone really check?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Do you really have to do the re-registration even for short trips inside Russia ? Same question for trips abroad, does anyone really check?
    It seems so. The hotel receptionist in Nizhny Novgorod told us that the registration she made for us for our stay in the hotel cancelled our Moscow registration, so we had to re-register when we came back to Moscow. It appeared to be all connected by computer, not a case of them having to check but the information was there on the screen. It's only if you stay in a hotel and you're registered by them (which you always are). If you stay with friends or Air bnb and they don't register you it's not applicable.

Also, my husband and I have different employers, and they've both told us the same thing. My visa manager checked this herself by asking the question when she was registering somebody else, and this is the answer she was told (because she didn't believe me about what the hotel receptionist told me).

Apparently this has been the rule since the World Cup in summer and hasn't been changed.

Have you asked at your local "moi dokumenty"? I looked around and couldn't find anything on line, showing how this kind of registration can be done by post. From my understanding, it has to be done in person. At least, when I registered people as a landlord, that's how I did it.

My wife and I have used the post office to register me in the past, though not recently (the last time was about a year ago). Our local post office is pretty basic and unsophisticated but they are still able to issue the paper, though they did not enter anything into the registration system directly (unlike Moi Documenti). Instead, they just sent the forms on to our local police station for them to do the actual recording of the registration. It was not necessary for me to go along with my wife when she registered me in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Have you asked at your local "moi dokumenty"? I looked around and couldn't find anything on line, showing how this kind of registration can be done by post. From my understanding, it has to be done in person. At least, when I registered people as a landlord, that's how I did it.
    Hello xt-tsi, I don't mean by post, I mean that she goes personally to the post office. I know it was possible in the past, just wondering if it's still an option now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    My wife and I have used the post office to register me in the past, though not recently (the last time was about a year ago). Our local post office is pretty basic and unsophisticated but they are still able to issue the paper, though they did not enter anything into the registration system directly (unlike Moi Documenti). Instead, they just sent the forms on to our local police station for them to do the actual recording of the registration. It was not necessary for me to go along with my wife when she registered me in this way.
    Hello BigBear, thanks for that info. I think I'll ask her to put the question to the people at Moi Dokumenti. It would be nice if this was still the case as you did it in the past. It's a big imposition to our landlady!

How is everybody else managing with this new rule? Or are your employers still registering you?

Quote Originally Posted by cheriedeperth View Post
    Hi everyone!

Our landlady has been registering us since October, because of the new requirements. She's already getting tired of us because we either stay in hotels in different cities in Russia, or travel outside of Russia for weekends, a lot - both situations require re-registration.

She's been going to our local 'Moi Dokumenti' office to register us each time, which isn't convenient for her because it's not near her workplace or flat.

Can she register us at the post office? I know it used to be a possibility but I haven't seen anything mentioned about it since these changes came into place. Would we need to go with her (we currently don't need to go with her), and can it be done at any post office or does she have to go to a specially equipped one (a post office in the centre would be ideal for her)?

Thanks in advance for any answers, we'd like to make this process as easy as possible for her so she doesn't ask us to leave her flat :-(

Cherie

Are you still on a visa?

I thought everything was done with the FMS. My wife just mails them one a year and she goes to the local every three months.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Are you still on a visa?

I thought everything was done with the FMS. My wife just mails them one a year and she goes to the local every three months.
    Hello, yes, I have a visa, I'm a teacher with the correct visa for teachers. Just wondering about doing the registration at the post office, if you have any information about that I would be most grateful. :-)

I'm a teacher with the correct visa for teachers.
    A plain ordinary work visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    A plain ordinary work visa?
    Yes, a work visa. In the past, until September, my employer registered me. I don't know where they did this. Now my landlady registers me at Moi Dokumenti. Just wondering if there's any current information about being able to go to the post office (any post office) to do this.

Thank you :-)

Go to the post office...and ask!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (19-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Go to the post office...and ask!
    Thank you for the advice. But my Russian isn't good enough for that. And I was hoping that someone here had recent experience so I could tell my landlady that it's possible.

No one seems to know. I don't. Even if someone here on this site says you can do it, you'd still need to go to the post office and find out. Find a friend who can help with translating! I hope you'll post your findings here on expat.ru.

Yes, a work visa.
    TTBOMK you can register a private visa at the post office, but if you can do so with a work visa is an open question, as other suggest, you have to go to the post office and ask, they may have there own implementation on how to do things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast