littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia runs OPEC now? Is the USA upset about it?

Russia runs OPEC now? Is the USA upset about it?

time for a change anyway if it was like that. are they upset because they can not control everything and everybody anymore?
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u...063017124.html
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Judge (17-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    time for a change anyway if it was like that. are they upset because they can not control everything and everybody anymore?

Does the author of this "article? Know that Russia is not part if OPIC? I even think Iran has had enough and wants to quit. Why should any smaller countries care about Saudi Arabia not being able to bomb women and children in Yemen, or spread their religion?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Does the author of this "article? Know that Russia is not part if OPIC? I even think Iran has had enough and wants to quit. Why should any smaller countries care about Saudi Arabia not being able to bomb women and children in Yemen, or spread their religion?
    It's a good article, it shows Russia's power play inside OPEC.

Talk abour making yourself at home,

But when Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak arrived Friday morning, he moved in to the office of OPEC’s Secretary General. If ever there was a symbol of OPEC’s demise, it was this. He then summoned first Iran’s oil minister, then Saudi Arabia’s, for about 45 minutes each. Two hours later, the group reached a deal. And Iran, Libya and Venezuela got their exemptions, even if they didn’t appear in the final communiqué.

And then there is this

Handing control of OPEC decision making to the Kremlin has come at a high cost for the group, and most particularly for its smaller members
    This of course isn't in America's interest, The KSA - Russia pact is annoying America.

Correct

https://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/about_us/25.htm

I seem to recall that Qatar is also considering leaving OPEC.
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (17-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    It's a good article, it shows Russia's power play inside OPEC.

Talk abour making yourself at home,

And then there is this

This of course isn't in America's interest, The KSA - Russia pact is annoying America.
    Hence Trump's 'friendly' stance with regards to the brutal murder of Khashoggi.............!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (17-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Correct

The author of the article knows Russia isn't a member, maybe Wally didn't read it all..

With Qatar leaving, will Iran or Iraq be next.

Hence Trump's 'friendly' stance with regards to the brutal murder of Khashoggi.............!
    There could be a connection the US putting pressure on KSA cos of their friendship with Russia.

Yeah, we are seeing divisions all over the place, a US and KSA plays into Russia's hands.

wp_ss_20181216_0001 (2).jpg

Here is a flow chart to help you understand Judge.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Judge (17-12-2018)

Correct

Yes they are and I just read investing $20 dollars in the US energy business.

wp_ss_20181216_0001 (2).jpg

Here is a flow chart to help you understand Judge.
    For Russia , I end up at ''Harass economically until friendly'' you can start at Dictator or Democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Since the US is now the number one producer of crude oil in the world I doubt it cares about either Opec or Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Since the US is now the number one producer of crude oil in the world I doubt it cares about either Opec or Russia.
    Disagree , Trump does, he was on a twitter rampage before the last meeting.

When the day comes for the US to be self sufficient ,not relying on oil imports, then the US might not care...
    If Russia and the KSA cuts say a million barrels between them, prices could easily top $100 , sending US car lovers crazy and Trump into a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Disagree , Trump does, he was on a twitter rampage before the last meeting.

When the day comes for the US to be self sufficient ,not relying on oil imports, then the US might not care...
    If Russia and the KSA cuts say a million barrels between them, prices could easily top $100 , sending US car lovers crazy and Trump into a meltdown.
    Actually, it's more complex than that and not exactly how petrol prices work. 1st, US is practically energy independent (95%) but most economists think this is a VERY bad idea. US problems reside in consumption not production. It produces more than any other nation in the world and does so many times more efficiently. Ask Gazprom about that. A once proud company, Gazprom is worth less 60B today. Haha. ) Additionally, US companies profit greatly from Russian oil and gas, not the other way around. Lots of US oil companies in Russia (Halliburton, Schlumberger, fracking consultants/patents, Exxon, etc...) Not many if any Russian oil companies operate in the US because they can't succeed in competitive markets where there's no Kremlin to baby them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Actually, it's more complex than that and not exactly how petrol prices work. 1st, US is practically energy independent (95%) but most economists think this is a VERY bad idea. US problems reside in consumption not production. It produces more than any other nation in the world and does so many times more efficiently. Ask Gazprom about that. A once proud company, Gazprom is worth less 60B today. Haha. ) Additionally, US companies profit greatly from Russian oil and gas, not the other way around. Lots of US oil companies in Russia (Halliburton, Schlumberger, fracking consultants/patents, Exxon, etc...) Not many if any Russian oil companies operate in the US because they can't succeed in competitive markets where there's no Kremlin to baby them.

I guess you never heard of fraking and how much it cost.

What is "competition" if the US has to harass the EU to buy more expensive gas from them instead of cheaper Russian gas?

My favorite quote:
    Gazprom in 2007
    “We will reach a $1-trillion market capitalisation in a period of seven to 10 years,” deputy chief executive officer Alexander Medvedev, 51, said in a Moscow interview on April 6. “We’d like to be the most valued and most capitalised company in the world.

Per Open Society statististics:
    Gazprom Market Cap on December 17, 2018: 56B USD
    Exxon Market Cap on December 17, 2018: 310B USD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast