English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Well there goes that idea

Well there goes that idea

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    That's why many narcomans, smokers and other "addicts" were quitting via "stairway".
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    That's why many narcomans, smokers and other "addicts" were quitting via "stairway".

I actually knew someone who died from being forced to stop drinking. When I was just 14 a retired doctor (67) asked me to paint his house. I soon found out that he wanted to drink himself to death. His wife had died a year before we met and he was all alone. My friends and started looking after him and he asked us to not let him get put in a nursing home. We let him drink (he could down 750ml of gin a day) but sometimes he got so bad we would cut him off cold turkey. He lived until he was 79 when one night he fell near the fireplace and my friend that was there took him to the hospital. The doctor that checked him was in shock! Old Louie didn't break anything but the doctor couldn't believe how drunk he was and said he was putting him in the nursing home. The next day 5 of went and begged the doctor not to do it and we not let him drink anymore. Finally the doctor agreed. Old Louie lasted four and a half months.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

It's because many biochemical processes in his organism have got used to the regular influx of C2H5OH, and the sudden stop of such influx will affect the processes too much to push the whole organism down.
    That's why "stairway".
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (28-11-2018)

Giving up drinking alcohol is a very slippery slope!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

bydand (29-11-2018), FatAndy (28-11-2018), Uncle Wally (29-11-2018)

so, the best idea is, never even to start. meaning, NOT or nothing drinking at all. just knowing one's limit. and not overdo it all the time.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    That's why it is best done with medical supervision and support.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
    I will drink to that!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (29-11-2018), Uncle Wally (30-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    It's because many biochemical processes in his organism have got used to the regular influx of C2H5OH, and the sudden stop of such influx will affect the processes too much to push the whole organism down.
    That's why "stairway".
    I don't really believe...the alcohol flushes out of the body system in a day or two. Not like drugs, traces of drugs can remain in the body for a long time.

I stopped drinking beer and smoking Marlboro's two years ago. I quit on December 7. Pearl Harbor day. I was chain smoker and had one or two six-packs of Euro-beer (American beer is like dishwater!) every day. There were no withdrawal symptoms. I felt good the next day, better the day after that, and great in two weeks. I moved to new house, so the things in old house (my environment) would not remind me of smoking days. Also, I was selling items on Ebay, and American customers would complain of smoky smell in some items, so i did not want to have cigarette odor in house, on clothing, on furniture, etc.

I don't smoke now, but can have one or two beers with friends.

Yes, alcohol is addictive drug, true, but to quit, but is difficult to stop without change to new environment - new place of residence and new or supportive friends.
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.