littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Question for any pensioners out here

Question for any pensioners out here

This is a question for any pensioners on the site, preferably not living in Moscow or Saint Petersburg (but please feel free to respond even if you do...)

I receive a pension (well three actually) from the United Kingdom, Belgium and Luxembourg. The Belgium Pension Office has just written to me to ask me to prove that I am still alive, and I'm guessing that the UK and Luxembourg will do the same shortly. The Belgians kindly sent me a "Life Certificate" form and said that either I can go to the Belgian Consulate to get it signed (someone has to witness it) or I can go to my local police station, or to my local government offices.

This is the first time I have to do this, having only arrived in Russia this year. Given that I live in a small village and that the form I have is in French, I'm wondering if it is worth trying to get it signed locally. On the other hand, Moscow and the nearest Belgian Consulate, is 1400 kilometres away. And if I have to make three trips to Moscow (one for each country) that is not exactly convenient.

Has anyone else had to do this and if so what did you do?

many thanks

There exist a Russian formula that state where you live, when you are correctly registered in Russia, I do not remember the name (it is a number), I had got that in the past and got it translated into my native language (or was it English?) and signed by notary and all that jazz, and the Danish tax authority was pleased and first then they trusted that I was living in Russia.

The thing was that I was signed off in the Danish system as immigrated to Russia, but the Danish tax authority need a proof that I was living in Russia, why these two systems, living next to each other so to speak, do not "speak" with each other is a mystery for many people, me included.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

BigBear (21-11-2018)

Thanks Hans. I suppose that getting a document from the local authority makes sense - I could just get copies made for each country.

Any Russian notary will give it to you.

Thanks seaworld. That's what I ended up doing.

Hi BigBear,
    My husband and I are planning to move to Russia to take care of my very old parents. I am Russian I know what life is there. It could be difficult for my husband since he is American. He will definitely have some of his moments about the life style there. We are planning to move to the Krasnodarskiy Kray later. Can we contact you at that point?

Hi seaworld, sorry I didn’t reply earlier, I completely missed your question. Of course, please feel free to contact me.