English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: is the battery ( somewhere floating around in a drawer) still full or already dead?

is the battery ( somewhere floating around in a drawer) still full or already dead?

The jumping test.
    Drop the battery onto the table. When she starts to hop, she' out of juice. If it is a full, good battery she will fall and tilt over slowly. The reason: inside there is a jelly-like m**** which - dampens- the impact and causes the battery to fall over slowly. When the energy is consumed, however, the substance becomes solidified. This results in a lower density. Ergo: she jumps higher.

the rolling test.
    You roll your battery on the table. As the full straight rolls out, the empty one rolls out in a slight curve...

I am in line with 97% of buyers asked if they know the difference or can tell, of an empty or full battery. And had to admit I did not know, just from looking at it. and about the test I have heard the first time as well.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    some have it. but not all of them. special not the cheaper ones.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    I was a nice man, I supplied my girls with a CEM DT-912 which have two special modes to test 1,5 and 9 Volt battery's, you know, so they can test their battery's them self when needed, but for some strange reason it always return to my desk and then I get the task of testing what ever battery that they think need testing.

CEM had some more devices for 1,5 and 9 volt battery's testing:
    https://spb.vseinstrumenti.ru/instru...dt-660-482254/
    http://www.cem-instruments.ru/multim...multimetr.html
    An other option that works very well https://www.ebay.com/itm/Practical-U...y/233005013018

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-11-2018), rusmeister (20-11-2018)

[QUOTE=Hans.KK;1484369]I was a nice man, I supplied my girls with a CEM DT-912 which have two special modes to test 1,5 and 9 Volt battery's, you know, so they can test their battery's them self when needed, but for some strange reason it always return to my desk and then I get the task of testing what ever battery that they think need testing.

to make you feel good and important? technical things the man in the house should do? clever girls, they got daddy around her little fingers.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (18-11-2018), rusmeister (20-11-2018)