English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: 30 Million Roubles

30 Million Roubles

As it has been a while since i have been to Russia and I am meeting Solicitors etc for will and probate a quick question, what is 30 million rubles worth in Russia these days, when I first went it was circa 45 to sterling now circa 90 to sterling.

I have done google property prices in St P etc but I think that the question I am asking is 30 million a lot of money in Russia these days ?

Before anyone asks I just found a bit of loose change behind the sofa so looking to make an investment so do not want to run through this with my wife at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    the question I am asking is 30 million a lot of money in Russia these days ?
    On how long time? right here and now it is, in ballpark figures you can get a 2 room apartment for 2-4 million (and around 3000 for electricity, gas, water, heating etc. pr. month) and the "leftover" will last for some 15 years if you spend less than 50000 a month (included inflation of 10% pr year).
    But if you want to have a 4-5 rooms flat in the centre of St. Petersburg, a nice car and showoff when shopping you can burn it all within half a year or less.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    I am asking is 30 million a lot of money in Russia these days ?
    Of course it's a lot of money in Russia.

I'd say about 5 to 6 million for a one room flat in Moscow these days. St Pete would be less.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

As it has been a while since i have been to Russia and I am meeting Solicitors etc for will and probate a quick question, what is 30 million rubles worth in Russia these days, when I first went it was circa 45 to sterling now circa 90 to sterling.
    30M is not a huge amount of money; I suppose it is about $450K or thereabouts, but it should buy a reasonably nice property in St.P...............

You could even be Russian Lad's neighbour!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (15-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Of course it's a lot of money in Russia.
    that's 1% class!

let's put it another way-

most people (in moscow) can hope to earn 60-90k rub a month x 12 months = roughly 1 mn rub.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Judge (15-11-2018), natlee (16-11-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post

You could even be Russian Lad's neighbour!
    More likely buy the whole building and become RL's landlord.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (15-11-2018)

Buy one small cheap flat and spend the rest on vodka and easy women!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

if your money is legit, you are registered legally and have your own place to live. ( banks will want some proof for that) invest it with Raiffeisen. become a premium or platinum or higher client. you live with the interest forever and a day. obvious the investment is a high one, a 6 digit number.THOUGH if you do not have PRP i am not reccommending this. the tax on your earnings as -foreigner- is over 30 or 35%. while as -local-, and that is a PRP holder for the bank, pays 13%.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    the tax on your earnings as -foreigner- is over 30 or 35%. while as -local-, and that is a PRP holder for the bank, pays 13%.
    incorrect.

you become tax resident of russia at the 180x mark and will pay the same as other tax residents. (since prp and trp also have a required number of days to be in the country - the req's here usually overlap.)

if i remember correctly, at around that time, you can theoretically apply to retroactively have the tax money returned and you would back pay at the new rate. the mechanics of this are usually invisible for most people, as this is done at the hr/backoffice level.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Buy one small cheap flat and spend the rest on vodka and easy women!
    Now that is a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    if your money is legit, you are registered legally and have your own place to live. ( banks will want some proof for that) invest it with Raiffeisen. become a premium or platinum or higher client. you live with the interest forever and a day. obvious the investment is a high one, a 6 digit number.THOUGH if you do not have PRP i am not reccommending this. the tax on your earnings as -foreigner- is over 30 or 35%. while as -local-, and that is a PRP holder for the bank, pays 13%.
    100% legite, this is our house we are selling
    https://www.milesandbarr.co.uk/prope...-margate/14203

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan65 For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (16-11-2018)

100% legite, this is our house we are selling
    https://www.milesandbarr.co.uk/prope...-margate/14203
    Looks like Uncle Wally's dream house - it comes with electric guitars and a fridge full of beer in the bedroom!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!