English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: do YOU remember any of these buildings or places?

do YOU remember any of these buildings or places?

https://themoscowtimes.com/photogall...-and-now-59225

the article is old but still interesting. ( i am long enough here, to remember even the infamous swimming pool... in winter always a big - steam- cloud was hanging over there....)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Judge (09-11-2018), rusmeister (09-11-2018), TolkoRaz (09-11-2018), Uncle Wally (09-11-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Some I remember, some I don't. It's interesting to note that in many cases they didn't build more, just left an empty space for people to enjoy , and when they did build, it's benefited the area.

VDNKh is another, the metro walk to the exhibtion place used to be a jungle of kiosks selling all that's possibe, now just a clear walk.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (09-11-2018), FatAndy (09-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Some I remember, some I don't. It's interesting to note that in many cases they didn't build more, just left an empty space for people to enjoy , and when they did build, it's benefited the area.

VDNKh is another, the metro walk to the exhibition place used to be a jungle of kiosks selling all that's possible, now just a clear walk.

the only thing that I am really missing from the VDNH is that -Yougoslav- grill. He had the best Shashlik, sausages and this huge - pleskavitska- in all world. lots of pickled vegetables and the likes. and everythign was done by the style of Yougoslavia of old. Not adjusted to -local- taste. therefore no dill,no majo,no ketchup. But all sauces were done by the owners taste and knowledge. And you never could get a space there to sit o na sunny day. He also opened then a second palce at the Sokolniki park. But it was not run and supervised by him, so it went dow nthe drai nquickly and became an -ordinary- shashlik space.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://themoscowtimes.com/photogall...-and-now-59225

the article is old but still interesting. ( i am long enough here, to remember even the infamous swimming pool... in winter always a big - steam- cloud was hanging over there....)
    Yes, all of them.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (10-11-2018), TolkoRaz (09-11-2018)