littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Best way to buy an Apartment in Moscow

Best way to buy an Apartment in Moscow

Please share tips to buy an Apartment in Moscow. Also, about the hidden costs related to purchase.

Brand new apartment, or a used one? There appears to be a significant different in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Brand new apartment, or a used one? There appears to be a significant different in the process.
    Prefer used.

Get a good real-estate agent. We just bought a new/used flat and the first two my wife liked were turned down by the bank because of the documents weren't all good. Oh, and bring a big bag with you to the bank. They give you millions of rubles in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Prefer used.

Hey just how I like my girls!

Please share tips to buy an Apartment in Moscow. Also, about the hidden costs related to purchase.
    are you single or have family with kids?
    small kids that want-have to go to kindergarten? around the corner where - you- bring them every day or a school bus brings and collects them ( i see one very day in front of our building)
    kids that have to go to school? a local school or one of these - international - schools?
    how will kids go to school? a local school around the corner where they can walk. or an international school where they have to take the school bus. are being collected and brought home.
    what about YOUR work?drive your own car or company car with GUARANTEED Parking at your working place. remember, the farther out from the center, though were lots of green and free space is, the longer it takes you to get to and from the city center. do you like to use the Metro ( subway)? for instance were we live, Strogino, the best area in Moscow, it take 30 minutes with tram and Metro to Pushkinskaya. But about 2 h during rush hour, Leningradskaya and Volkovskaya or 3rd ring road are -propka- always.
    What about entertainment? are you a nightbird or like to go to theaters, shows and the likes.
    these are some things to check first. and the most important ones in my opinion.
    buying a new place- at least were the building is standing already.
    check it all the utilities are already connected. water, gas, electricity. sewage. are the lifts working. one can see it every day in the news. building is there, people cry and complain, developer and builder have disappeared with the money and nothing works....
    how far to the next or nearest stop of public transport? Metro? Bus? Tram?
    in a NEW apartement, is it -open planning-? a nice catchword.you get 4 bare walls... let not -them- buy anything and charge you. YOU decide and if you can and have the knowledge, YOU buy. Made in Chia or made in Russia does not mean automatically it is crap. But neither does made in Germany mean it is of the best and highest standard.
    Whatever you do, keep every pice of paper, every invoice. use only legal workers. and make sure gas,water and electricity are done by people who are supposed to do it. something MIGHT happen10 years after, YOU are taken to the cleaners if found out something is wrong... ( foreigners are ALWAYS rich, they always have money, so, lets get some...).
    buying a -old- apartement check these things
    6 month after a person has died, the new owners can not sell the place.
    when buying where little kids are around ( from the seller) they are not allowed to sell if they do not have, the same day, an equivalent other place ready. ( happend to us).
    besides the people visible and best, present, is there and uncle, an auntie a grandchild,an alcoholic uncle, somewhere in America or Tadzhikistan or on the moon, also registered in this place?. EVERYONE has to give written agreement that they all agree to selling the place. otherwise someone can come after 10 years claiming he also was registered and will want his part back..
    most of all whatever you do, do everything legal only. an apartment is a big investment. and can be fun or also a never ending hole where you throw good money after bad. for more info.pm me.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (06-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    most of all whatever you do, do everything legal only. an apartment is a big investment. and can be fun or also a never ending hole where you throw good money after bad. for more info.pm me.
    Much Thanks Ben! You have covered almost everything, especially about property rights. Is it wise to hire a lawyer to make things simpler? At this stage, we are just checking that is it worth to buy an apartment in Moscow or not?

Much Thanks Ben! You have covered almost everything, especially about property rights. Is it wise to hire a lawyer to make things simpler? At this stage, we are just checking that is it worth to buy an apartment in Moscow or not?
    I don't think you need a lawyer, the bank will make sure all papers are good.

As far as Ben living in the "best place in Moscow" that is wrong. It may be the second or third best place but not the first. I think the best place in Moscow is not in Moscow! It's Shchapovo! Or Raminki. Schools? There are good and bad. I know people who pay for their kids to go to schools in different districts because the school is better. No school will be more than 500 meters from your home in Moscow.